« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tiger Woods: My Bad!

11/29/2009 3:27 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Tiger WoodsTiger Woods just posted the following statement on his site:

"As you all know, I had a single-car accident earlier this week, and sustained some injuries. I have some cuts, bruising and right now I'm pretty sore.

This situation is my fault, and it's obviously embarrassing to my family and me. I'm human and I'm not perfect. I will certainly make sure this doesn't happen again.

This is a private matter and I want to keep it that way. Although I understand there is curiosity, the many false, unfounded and malicious rumors that are currently circulating about my family and me are irresponsible.

The only person responsible for the accident is me. My wife, Elin, acted courageously when she saw I was hurt and in trouble. She was the first person to help me. Any other assertion is absolutely false.

This incident has been stressful and very difficult for Elin, our family and me. I appreciate all the concern and well wishes that we have received. But, I would also ask for some understanding that my family and I deserve some privacy no matter how intrusive some people can be."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Don Dowd

10-4 Tiger! Youda man. No need to feed the reporters. Some things just don't need to be said. I, for one, give you the benefit of the doubt.

Keith

OK, LOOK PEOPLE:

In this statement, it reads:

""This situation is my fault, and it's obviously embarrassing to my family and me," Woods said. "I'm human and I'm not perfect. I will certainly make sure this doesn't happen again."

That's an admission to an affair which he and his PR team now realize will inevitably be exposed within the coming weeks.

It *IS* carefully constructed with foresight of the affair itself.

This confession hardly reads like an acknowledgement to a trffic incident (?!?) that was next door to his own damned driveway.

bulldogi

What family? She is soon to be dumped. Guy takes his Ho to Aussi with him. He ain,t got no family. He just has Ho,s around him.

SERIOUSLY!!!

yeah ... blah, blah, blah ... get a grip on your privet life and you won't have to make dumb public statements to the contrary.

?????

Why would one need to apologize for havivng a fender-bender with a fire hydrant and a tree? And why would the entire family be stressed out as a result? The writing is on the wall.

waseela

Tiger leave your interest in other women for after your career - These women are being sent to you now to trap you - Can't you see that envious people want to jeopardise your career goals - You are first a man then a golfer so don't apologise for that - I agree that you are only human and you will make mistakes - For those who have not sinned let them cast the first stone.

Madam Obvious

The statement is way too calculated and is designed to hose down the scandal that Tiger now finds himself enveloped in. His refusal to speak to the police is only compounding the gossip and ramping it into overdrive. On the face of it, his wife is coming across like an a spouse abusing, gold digging, psychobitch. He must be furious beyond words at this mess he now finds himself in. It may well harm his family man reputation.

bulldogi

How do you get injured going 10 miles an hour in your driveway. You can tell he just banged each side of his car making up a story for all the ass-whoopin his Ho gave him.

Mary

Must be a lot of blacks on here wanting to get revenge for "poor Chris Brown" and, also, hate upon Tiger's beautiful caucasian wife, Elin. There's more to come out about Tiger Woods and the swine who caused explosive challenges on his domestic front the past 72 hours.

For those who have eyes to see, there's been a property transaction in Las Vegas between him and the likely prostitute uncovered by the tabloid that broke the story...where there's smoke there's fire. When you, Tiger Woods, have enjoyed a stellar golf career and project a stellar lifestyle upon the movie screen of life for adoration of the world who not only have followed you in golf but (then) go out and purchase all the products you endorse but (then) discover you aren't who you have pretended to be, never delude yourself into thinking that we're buying your half-truths right now.

As far as I am concerned, this story is no longer about domestic abuse (whether his wife is caucasian or black) but an enigmatic man who could no longer keep his narcissistic and selfish ego on the domestic front a secret and who was not aligned with the image and principles he projected upon the movie screen of life.

I, especially, feel compassion for his beautiful wife, children, and his mother. However, I no longer hold Tiger Woods in an image of dignity and, hopefully, his lustful escapades with the concubine was worth the tsunami of events that still have not hit Tiger Woods and his career.

This is not about Kobe Bryant (who most people didn't like on a personal level) but about Tiger Woods (who everyone adored on a personal level). Sorry, Tiger Woods, as it's time to move on exclusively to the corporate world where you'll have plenty of time to count the golden coins you have amassed thus far. It's time for the other golfers to take-up their rightful place in the history of golf.

TB

Why didn't she just used the door?

RITE ING KLAS

QUID PRO QUO.

zippo

It took 3 days to come up with that lame statement.

charlene

Terrance you MUT----Get a life and go have some left over turkey---YOU TURKEY!!! LOL U know nothing about me u joke and excuse of a man if u can even be called one

charlene

bigshott----i am sure u are not BIG where it counts the most!! LOL And you should also have some left over turkey---u turkey. What a pathetic joke u r.....oh well :-(

Bigshott

Now we know where Tiger gets his on course profanity and club throwing from, its his wife.
Was it a Nike 7 iron?