« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tiger Woods: My Bad!

11/29/2009 3:27 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Tiger WoodsTiger Woods just posted the following statement on his site:

"As you all know, I had a single-car accident earlier this week, and sustained some injuries. I have some cuts, bruising and right now I'm pretty sore.

This situation is my fault, and it's obviously embarrassing to my family and me. I'm human and I'm not perfect. I will certainly make sure this doesn't happen again.

This is a private matter and I want to keep it that way. Although I understand there is curiosity, the many false, unfounded and malicious rumors that are currently circulating about my family and me are irresponsible.

The only person responsible for the accident is me. My wife, Elin, acted courageously when she saw I was hurt and in trouble. She was the first person to help me. Any other assertion is absolutely false.

This incident has been stressful and very difficult for Elin, our family and me. I appreciate all the concern and well wishes that we have received. But, I would also ask for some understanding that my family and I deserve some privacy no matter how intrusive some people can be."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Bigshott

Charlene

Your sooooo getto!

skye

I honestly believe he's still in the hospital. The pics of Elin leaving her home yesterday (only with her dogs), just doesent add up, if she had a husband home injured from a blow to the head that she gave him to become disorented, while he was on the ground.
Of course the statement from Tiger was not from Tiger himself. It was from his attorney. As much money as Tiger has,...he could pay the hospital to stay quite,..pay the police officers, to make this look like its alot minor than it is.
One things for sure.... She beat the crap out of him with a golf club, and this is the reason for hiding out. Tiger may not want to press charges due the publicity, and/or a divorce may also be in the works as well.
I still believe he is alot more injured than the news is telling us.

Brewman2

I think Tiger is not saying anything to protect his wife. She has some splaining to do!

shirleyfeeney

no one is buying this, Tiger.

charlene

Poor you SMALLshott! You are truly a SAD case. Don't forget to have your turkey!!! :-)

charlene

By the way SMALLS, I'M NOT BLACK!!! THE JOKE IS ON YOU. I HAVE DATED SOME OF THE MOST FAMOUS ATHLETES IN THE WORLD. EAT YOUR HEART OUT----BET U WISH IT WERE U!!!

skye

Tiger knows we are all right, the ones that believe he is truly a victim here from the abuse of the hands of his own wife and he doesnet know how to handle it. Alot of men dont, especially if your a private person anyway. He's had the affair, he's been clubbed by his wife, who deserves to be arrested, but with all the money Tiger has, it appears that he's had his attorney to pay off everyone to keep their mouth shut. I don't believe we will be seeing anymore photos of Tiger and wife together. I do believe Tiger was injured more than what the news has led on. I still stand by the fact that he's still in the hospital.

rainbow4321

So does he show up for his own charity tourney this week or send his regets for not being there because he is still recovering from his (MINOR) injuries?? He'll skip this one and show up at the next one that he can actually make money off of..he can't earn money at this one so it's a no go.

patilee

And he forgot to add, but should have, "it's a private matter, butt out"

Madam Obvious

I agree that he is probably more injured than is being made out at present. On the initial police report, his injuries are listed as "serious". His face must be pretty banged up and it sounds like he sustained a blow to the head as he lost consciousness for six minutes. You do not lose consciousness from a fender bender when you are going at a speed that does not even cause the airbags to deploy. There is definitely something suspicious here regarding how he was injured. It does sound like he is covering up for his wife.

Given he is worth bazillions of dollars, Woods can afford to pay people like the hospital, the attending police, etc, to shut the ****up. I believe he did not know how to handle his wife's rage so he fled and events took over from there. This whole thing is deeply humiliating for him.

Orkaambe Orkaambe

why are you surprised that Elin drives her dogs around while the husband is injured? the rule in sweden is this: women first, children second, dogs and cats third, men come last - no kidding! that's the life in sweden, i reside there and i know that to be true. for his worth, tiger made an error marrying an uneducated nanny. ops... i forget, swedes specialize in the global nanny trade. the next step, she will get a huge divorce pay check and return home to the woods in sweden. serves the dude right. cheating does not pay.

Money Talks

If you are a white golddigger and want to get your very own meal ticket by way of a black athlete, rock artist or whatever, forget it if your hair is not blonde, natural or bleached. A black fellow likes the whitest white women and the blondest blondes. I ask: WHY is that so ? Personally I find black women much more attractive and also a white woman with dark hair, à la Angelina Jolie. Is there a psychiatrist on line who could explain to me that obsession black men have for blonde bimbos, thank you.

Bigshott

Hi my name is Charlene,
I was born a getto baby. I have an obsessive personality. I think everyone thinks I'm black, but no one has actually called me black. I admit I am an abused HOE, but I love it when people talk about me, good or bad (usually nasty). Yes, dating is another word for call girl, and I date a lot. I mean a real, real lot. I have permanent bed sores from being on my back all the time. Most people would rather dehair their bathroom sink then date me, but hey, I can always find some stupid sucker out there.

Dr. Bowwow

I'm afraid that many comments on this list are based on nothing but ignorance. I am a trained physician (and also an animal). As such, I know how very abusive swedish dog owners can be (as some of my own patients and friends have explained to me).

Ziggy

Tiger needs to polish up on being a cheating man-whore. He could use a few driving lessons while he's at it.

I'm a black woman and I could care less he married a white woman. Life is too short for prejudice. She obviously loves him and was deeply hurt. She can't be just a gold-digger. Gold-diggers would have just called a divorce lawyer.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments