Ex-Miss Argentina Dies After Butt-Implant Surgery

12/1/2009 11:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ex-Miss Argentina Dies After Butt-Implant SurgeryA former Miss Argentina died Sunday after elective surgery on her butt went terribly wrong.

According to several international reports, 37-year-old Solange Magnano suffered a pulmonary embolism after going under the knife Wednesday at a Buenos Aires medical center for a gluteoplasty – a procedure which normally involves placing implants in the buttocks to improve their outline.

Solange -- a wife and mother of 7-year-old twins -- suffered a pulmonary embolism the day after her surgery when liquid injected into her buttocks "went to her lungs and brain."

Authorities say the cause of death is still under investigation.

Solange won the crown back in 1994 -- and had since created her own modeling agency.

katemae61

How positively stupid. When you have children it's your responsibility to avoid risky behaviors (like elective vanity cosmetic surgery) so you can stay healthy to raise and support them.

Angel

I can't understand why women get butt injections. I've heard so many horror stories about them. ANY surgery can go wrong, but butt injections are completely insane. Injecting a bit of something into a lip or some such I can understand (even if I don't like how it looks) but don't these women/girls realize the amount of gel that has to go into each butt cheek in order to make a difference? AND it goes directly into the butt... no barrier to keep it from traveling elsewhere. It doesn't take a friggin medical degree to realize how dangerous that can be.

It's a shame that her family lost her to something so careless. I'm sure her kids don't know it yet, but eventually they'll know that their already beautiful mother left them at age 7 because she got butt injections. If anything, I hope they can learn from her mistake.

Tim

I think many women would absolutely "die" if you tried to put something in their ass, LOL!

Janice

Sad outcome

Angie

First off all let me start by saying that I agree with chicagogal11 when she said "There is not vein or artery in the butt that would cause a embolis.
Likely there was an pain block of lidicaine in the arm that was released too early and caused an embolism.
Don't people go to school anymore- this is 8th grade biology/anatomy.
Wow, we have ignorant morons in this country."

Second of all did anyone notice they said she suffered a pulmonary embolism the day after her surgery when liquid injected into her buttocks went to her lungs and brain. You don't get injected with liquid when you get butt implants. The only procedure that involves injecting is fat grafting, fat grafting is when they take your own fat from othr parts of your body and they inject it in your butt and the other procedure is butt injections. Butt injections are liquids injected in your butt. I honestly think she died from butt injections not butt implants. Butt injections are extremely dangerous!! It was either that or the butt implants were torn and it leaked to her lungs.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2