Jesse Ventura in Heated Stand-Off with Comic

12/2/2009 5:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jesse "The Body" Ventura came thiiiiiiiiis close to beating the living crap out of comedian Jim Norton on a live radio show early this morning -- over a political conversation that went worse than the Gulf of Tonkin.

It all went down on the Opie and Anthony radio show, when Ventura -- a former wrestling champ turned politician -- arrived for an in-studio interview. Ventura was explaining why he doesn't trust the U.S. government -- when Norton, a regular on the radio show, began arguing with him.

After an intense back-and-forth, Ventura decided to leave and as he patted Norton on the shoulder on the way out -- Norton said, "Thanks for touching me with your f*cking stupid riff-raff Rocky Horror hairdo."

Ventura turned and stared Norton down -- until Norton proclaimed, "You're bigger than me and stronger than me ... so what?! You want to beat me up? Go ahead."

Ventura, who served in an elite Navy unit during the Vietnam years, kept his composure and eventually walked away.

Raejean

Jim who????

zender

Boy ,i would love to punch that bald little chickenhawk in the mouth.

PatinNJ

Has anyone ever verified that he was an elite commando? It's more likely that he went commando. This guy was probably a cook. He's a bunch of hot air. The guys that make it to SEALs rarely talk about it and certainly not publicly.

This is a challenge Harvey - go find his records and see what unit he was in and what his MOS was.

Tom

Am I missing something? It seems to me like JV acted calmly and that Norton was idiot.

longshowerz

I really wish Jesse would of beat Nortons ass, he's a little prick...

Grouch

Ventura should have popped the little barsted.

wootwoot

Ventura is right, and he owned this Opie or Anthony guy. I would never tune into Opie and Anthony after watching this. Ventura is bad ass and not afraid to speak his mind. The other guy is the real baby.

Kim

This clip does show the 2 HOUR interview where Jesse yelled at them calling them un-American because they never served, saying that they didn't believe in the constitution because they didn’t agree with him. He also sat and pouted on a number of occasions if Jim brought up a logical point that proved him wrong. Unfortunately, the rest of the media let's Jesse walk all over them because they're afraid Jesse will be confrontation and God forbid the mainstream media have an honest debate with anyone. Jim held his own while Jesse tried to bully him. Jim Norton is one of the smartest honest comics out there. Happy Birthday Jim!!!

unbelievable

While I am not a Ventura fans because it is hard to accept him as more than a WWE wrestler but the man does know what he is talking about.

Ventura was a governor and in Vietnam (one of America's greates lies to the people) as a Navy Seal.

He does know what goes on in government.

And furthermore, if you truly believe in the US governement and are a true "patriot", you must also believe that Ventura and all vets that have served our country are responsible for this loud, foul mouthed jerk to act like he did. After all, the US wants us to believe that the military fights for our continued freedoms.

I agree with Ventura and much of what he says and this little pee brain puke was out of line. I am glad that Ventura showed common sense and mercy in dealing with this clown. I say mercy because Ventura has been trained to make a man out in one move (through the military trainig - not WWE).

I feel sorry for those who do not see the truth as to what is happening in this world and in our very own nation. There is a lot of really horrible stuff being planned and it is happening right under our noses. Everyone is so busy trying to survive that they don't even see what is happening.

I do wonder why Ventura even allowed this creep the opportunity to sit down with him. His show, website and etc. show just how ridiculous he is and that he has absolutely no credibility. Ventura is a far better man than to waste his time with that sick show.

Anyway - I hope the Truth Movement challenges this little screw loose and he is stupid enough to take them up on it. They will chew him up, spit him out and smash him under their shoes.

Now that, I would love to see!

Reece

The reason why this little bitch did this is so they would get talked about. These clowns are so envious of Stern they can't stand it. So enjoy were 15 seconds of fame and tomorrow go back to being the 5th rate hack's that you guys are.

Springer

O&A a losers! The Body should have body slammed them.

Rocket

I'm not a big Jesse fan but this guy had guts because he knew he could. If that was anywhere but in front of a camera, he would have crapped himself.

Icebaby

That small guy sucks and does nothing but run his damn mouth. I'm not a big Jesse fan but I go with him on this one.

rhett

This nut has been on before and has done the same thing. You need to hear the whole interview. He actually thinks the tsunami was caused by radio waves from Alaska. Jimmy was respectful but when Jessie is challenged he start throwing his Navy Seal thing around and tries to intimidate everyone. He's has some really crazy anti-American ideas and disrespects everyone who doesn't agree with him. Good job Jimmy for not being a coward!!

Diane

Jesse never "served" in the Seals - not in the true sense. He never saw any real action. He sucked as a governor - I happened to move back to Minneasota just in time to see how stupid Minnesotans could be - "Jessie, The Body, the "wrestler"? is running for governor?" It had to be a joke, but no, unfortunately it wasn't. He decided to refund taxes back to the people, for four years! The state went into the red. Dumb, real dumb. I moved away and I guess so did Jessie - to Mexico I heard. Run away Jessie after being a big part of the problem (at least for one state). And by the way, you can't act either!