« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tiger Woods Statement

'I Let My Family Down'

12/2/2009 12:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TW Statement
Tiger Woods
has just released the following statement on his website:

"I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart. I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves. I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behavior and personal failings behind closed doors with my family. Those feelings should be shared by us alone.

Although I am a well-known person and have made my career as a professional athlete, I have been dismayed to realize the full extent of what tabloid scrutiny really means. For the last week, my family and I have been hounded to expose intimate details of our personal lives. The stories in particular that physical violence played any role in the car accident were utterly false and malicious. Elin has always done more to support our family and shown more grace than anyone could possibly expect.

But no matter how intense curiosity about public figures can be, there is an important and deep principle at stake which is the right to some simple, human measure of privacy. I realize there are some who don't share my view on that. But for me, the virtue of privacy is one that must be protected in matters that are intimate and within one's own family. Personal sins should not require press releases and problems within a family shouldn't have to mean public confessions.

Whatever regrets I have about letting my family down have been shared with and felt by us alone. I have given this a lot of reflection and thought and I believe that there is a point at which I must stick to that principle even though it's difficult.

I will strive to be a better person and the husband and father that my family deserves. For all of those who have supported me over the years, I offer my profound apology."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Pistol

Grace does not go after 'the other woman'.

backtees69

CHEETAH WOODS...much more appropriate. At least you were smart enough to get a good prenup.

A J

I dont know why people have to stick their noses in everybody elses business. What celebrities do in their private lives should be up to them and God. Why is it anybody elses business...Oh yeah...it sells papers etc...America and the all mighty dollar! We should be praying for people when their lives are all messed up...not judging them !

Jay Adler

Is it not funny that the regrettable story here is not the odd car crash, Tiger Woods' women and their tape and personal evaluation, whether big companies will endorse him, whether he picked up a rare tropical disease-the real story is the very selfish and pitiful repercussions his self serving episodes will do to his kids. The story is that kids cannot handle this type of thing. When they are small they love their parents as an unbreakable unit and could never comprehend what their father did. When they get older they may need analysis to cope with the pain. The news indicates as well that this marriage was a little too much money oriented. Possibly the kids are going to get it from both sides.

Job

Give up golf. it is a sissy sport, and a huge waste of money. Birding is much more educational, requires more walking, and can make use of the brain. Something foreign to many sports fanatics, I'm sure.

Job

320. if this country would spend as much time on our troops then we have with Tiger Woods, we would be able to show our troops that we truly care what they are doing for us...enough with the Tiger...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
It is nice that you care for those who serve. But the best thing for our service people is to get them out of the quagmire. The best for the golf fans would be to sort of get a life or something.

Nancy

I hope Elin doesn't buy this crap. She has a life to get on with and not be tortured by this horses ass any longer. This isn't just a mistake. Sorry Elin, this guy had no business getting married and he sold you a bill of goods. He will never be a good husband.
You would have to look a very long time to get duped this badly a second time.
Chalk it up to experience. Live and learn and don't let your children grow up in this environment.
Money is nice but not at this price.

sarah

He is sorry now?!? These women are now going to use him and tell their story. they are all bimbos, sluts and whores. Nobody should be paying for their stories because some of them are lying. the blond on the today show is lying she is an escort and she was with him since he was paying her. this stupid bimbo does not know the difference between getting screwed for money and love? especially, since she knew he was married.

Mary

Why would you ever sleep with such skanks and then they say you were their boyfriend that is disgusting. You have children. I hope your wife takes you for all she can, moves back to Sweden and you have limited visits with your children. You obviously are not a father or a man. Only a golfer and now we all know why you had bad golfing days...........YUK!!! I am sure Oprah is just dying to talk to you so she can tell the world how wonderful you are remember when she said you were her son??? Your poor mother too.

marcus

My take is this. You can't tell me Parnevik didn't pork Elin and her sister. Tiger wanted a piece, since he couldnt get a date. Jesper sold the paid for tramp to Tiger. She's sold like a slave to him. She has no morals, and no self esteem. Tiger knows he can cheat, still do her, and she will have to put up with it, thats part of the deal. So the cheating goes on, but he buys her nice things, and no biggie. Even for the slut she is, the cheating gets way out of hand. She finally gets mad. Drugs him, then he awakens, throws the phone at his face. Now the beaver has a scarred face. He bolts for the car, he crashes. She's dumb enough to think ok he might be really hurt, and now i gotta call authorities so I gotta put on my cover up face. I don't want Tiger really mad at me, after all. This is how its playing out. She won't leave him. Otherwise its back to being a prostitute in Sweden. Au pair, my ass. She was a high priced call girl. Parnevik got tired of her, and asked Tiger if he wanted some. He took the bait. Mission accomplished. The problems with Tiger begin. He quits golf. Jesper can now possibly win tournaments while he sits out. Got it? Good!

Pamiejay

SICK OF HEARING ABOUT TIGER! CUT IT OUT WITH THE GOOD BOY IMAGE! THEY DON'T EXIST!

koper

I know Tiger and golf It's not like other sports the family travels with you until kids get of school age. They are really nice family men. Elin's mistake is not traveling and Tigers is real simple don't put yourself in situations where you are tempted (clubs and Vegas) where sluts are throwing themselves at you!! do what most golfers do go back to your hotel room and go to bed.

THAT BEING SAID ELIN DON'T KID YOURSELF HE WILL CHEAT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

Dans

It is always good to look at better side of all things, though polygamy is not well accepted in the west but it is a logical and right way of dealing with sexual apetite, instead of becoming a playboy around cheating on your family, why not go for the lawful way, polygamy!

Alisin

I just would have never picked tiger to be a player, he had a lot of us fooled into thinking he was near perfect. I seriously thought the sun couldve shined out of his black ass, that said, no one is perfect, but to me Tiger Woods was a good example of level headed grounded talented young man. Im wouldnt have picked it. I feel for his wife and children. Its shameful to the whole family.

bubba

You can't touch him. He is black so if you cut him down you are a racist. Put him right in there with OJ, Marion Barry, Al Sharpton, Clinton. "I don't just screw somebody, I screw everybody!" How sorry was he before he got caught?