Sly Stallone's Art Wynns Big Money

12/3/2009 7:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

There is actually something Sylvester Stallone can make these days besides tired sequels ... expensive art.

0910_media_removed_Mel_Gibson

The 63-year-old muscle head unleashed his inner Picasso and sold one of his paintings to Vegas casino kingpin Steve Wynn in Miami on Wednesday.

Wynn splurged $40K on an abstract piece, while a self-portrait of Sly from the '70s was bought by an art gallery for $50K.

Straight Talkin Texan

Art is in the eye of the beholder. I like Sly's art. I think he's quite talented. He's certainly a better artist than me! LOL

DNA

he paid how much for this crap??? ha, ha, ha, can you say SUCKER!

Pistol

Stupids.

OKEEDOKEE!!!

His art looks like something one of his daughter's painted.
Hey, Steve. I am going to buy a box a crayon's and do a self portrait too. I will sell it to you for $25k. A real deal.

Doubtful824

@ Nix: Why in the hell should he give his money away?! Really?! That was just a stupid comment. Whether you like the "art" or not, he painted it, he sold it, it's HIS money and he can do whatever the hell he wants with it. If you're so concerned about charity why don't you get your a** off your computer and do some charity yourself?!

As for anyone else, Sly is my childhood hero. I love him!!!!

that.is.all

based on the fact that Steve Wynn IS PARTIALLY BLIND

I SEE THIS HAPPENING...

CAN U SEE ME NOW?

David

I worked on Rodeo Drive at the now defunct Hanson Galleries. We had Stallone's art to be sold. I'm not trying to slam Stallone, but his art is the worst you'll ever come across. Utter garbage, and then some. The guy can't even draw.

Marlena

In think Wynn felt sorry for the old dude -so sad. Would have been too humilating for Sly so Wynn couldn't turn him away.

Some of these posts are too funny.

tippy katz

I love that people with craploads of money still want something money can't buy:
to be an artist.
FAIL

His Prince Michael

Straight Talkin Texan, I'm most DEFINITELY in-agreement with you.

Regardless of one's personal opinion of Mr. Stallone, on an international-level, he's an AMERICAN motion-picture ICON.
Apparently, based upon his Writing, Performing, and now Painting
skills, he's an actual Renaissance Man.
Yo, Sly, good for you.

calvin Broadus

Hold-on here. "Rambo" and "Rocky" are two, incredible brands that this very creative man produced. In the 80s, it was cool to make fun of him. Now, looking back, I can see that he was brilliant.

His Prince Michael

Calvin...Big up, bro. THAT, is THE bottom-line.

dee

Steve is blind, so he can not see how bad it is. sorry sly.

Jaisson

Steve is legally blind, yes. However, in good lighting his vision is very good. In fact his vision is 20/40. When Steve is in low light, like a theater, or restaurant he has problems. The big problem is, his vision spectrum is very limited. Imagine looking through a paper towel roll. You can see fine, but you have tunnel vision. That's what things look like to Steve. He does have a pretty normal life style, he can't drive, but does spend many days of the year enjoying snow skiing, and other types of things. This is a condition Steve was born with.
My dream is to drive Wynn's Rolls Royce..Hey Steve Wynn, give me a call.

Teebag

Let's hope Wynn can keep his "elbow" from destroying this "work of art". This guy obviously has no eye for quality. He's just another guido as far as I'm concerned that got lucky.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments