Italian Group:

'Jersey Shore' Was Offensive

12/4/2009 4:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

MTV told Italian American groups to hold judgment on the new reality show "Jersey Shore" until they saw an episode ... well, the wait is over -- and the outrage flood gates have blown wide open.

1204_jersey_unico_ex_2-1

After last night's debut episode of the reality show, UNICO National -- the "Largest Italian American Service Organization in the USA" -- claims they "can't keep up with the volume of calls" from "outraged" Italian Americans.

TMZ spoke with a rep from the group who told us, "I suffered through all 120 mins of that show and it was worse than I imagined."

The rep added, "Italian Americans are OUTRAGED and they are helping us reach out to sponsors to ask them to stop advertising with MTV until they agree to pull Jersey Shore."

For those unfamiliar with the show -- imagine "The Hills" on steroids, dipped in bronzer, and slathered in hair gel ... only more addicting.

Laura

I'm already annoyed by this show and I don't think it's even premiered yet.

Matt

Who cares if this organization is pissed. This isn't some actor playing the role of an Italian, these are just Italians and how these particular ones act. Its ridiculous to ask to pull the show because these people are offended.

doc murry

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH MICHAEL JACKSON AND DR MURRY AND THE KIDS AND EVERYTHING ELSE...THIS IS NONSENSE!!!!!!!!!
HAS EVERYONE FORGOTTEN ABOUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THE WORLD ..COME ON PEOPLE,,WE NEED INFORMATION......

Lindsay

I'm an Italian-American, and I approve this show.

Jeff

THEY AREN'T FROM JERSEY!!!! THEY'RE FROM THE ISLAND!

Zach Swan

News flash: Guidos ARE offensive. Trying to hide the problem won't make it go away.

London not England

DON'T GET MAD ITALIAN WHITE PEOPLE - Just because they Held a Mirror up to you(for your HAIR)..and Your people SHOWED OUT.......

THIS IS WHAT WANT-THIS IS WHAT YOU GET!!!!!

It ain't like the Producers of this show OR VIACOM are African Americans!!!!

If ya find it embarrassing, then reconsider acting like....yourselves on camera!

JerseyShore

Funny thing is not ONE of them is from Jersey. Even the one dude who they say is from NJ is actually a Staten Island tool that moved to Jersey. All the chicks are hideous. None of the skanks they picked up are from the Jersey Shore. The best part of the show is when that little midget girl(snookie) brought the dude home and he puked. Would have been real funny if it was on her. They are all BENNY's!!!!(benny is a derogatory term we have for these types). I hope the rest of the world realizes that these are the idiots we(those who actually live on the Jersey Shore) have to deal with during the summer.
The most annoying thing about the show for me was the license plate on the wall that said NU JOISEY.

comeon

Yeah, Growing Up Gotti was fine, but this trash is offensive??????

youroutrageissweet

italians: your outrage is hilarious. I grew up in queens, you can't go a corner in ozone park/bayside/howard beach, or, in brooklyn, bensonhurst, etc without running into people who act JUST LIKE THIS.I'm black, and I can't deny my people in the 'hood, so you all can't deny the guidos and cugines in your midst. :)some of those mofos are in L.A. too..

Sara

Yes, this is how idiot 4th generation italian/americans in NJ act, God help us all. Yes, they talk this way. Yes, they dress this way. Yes, they act this way. They are quite entertaining, not so bright, but entertaining

Dude

What is so offensive about the show? It's not like these people are actors, they are just being themselves. If people of Italian descent are offended by this, then maybe they should raise their kids differently. They're all a bunch of vapid materialistic a-holes who think that all the matters is how big their muscles are and how much the car that daddy bought them costs.

sal

I don't think it has anything to do whether the idiots on the show are Italian or not, they're fools!!! I am bit older (28) than most on the show but if I or any of my friends acted that way, we would definitely kick each other's asses. Quite frankly, they are more of a disgrace to their parents and families, than they are to their heritage. It amazes that people actually aspire to act like that and think it's cool. Jersey Shore is just typical MTV/VH1 train-wreck programming, it's awful, but it still has nothing on "My Super Sweet 16."

KKK

This show was and is so offensive to the folks of NY and NJ and to Italians everywhere. I am not Italian but I too was shocked that MTV has sunk this low. It was 120 mins of pure CRAP. I will never be able to get those mins of my life back. UGGGHHH. The ppl on that show are just HORRIBLE people for sure. I hope there parents are so proud....

fran

I don't get it! Reality TV is all the same. The Hills, Jersey Shore, Housewives of OC, NJ, GA. They all act like idiots;-) Turn the channel!