Weezer Lead Singer Banged Up in Bus Crash

12/6/2009 1:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Weezer Lead Singer Banged Up in Bus CrashThe lead singer of Weezer was hospitalized today after a bus he and his family were riding in crashed in New York.

Rivers Cuomo was taken to a hospital in Amsterdam this morning after complaining of rib pain -- luckily, his wife and daughter emerged unscathed. Only one other person was taken to the hospital.

The bus driver said the accident occurred at around 7:30 this morning, when he lost control of the vehicle after hitting a patch of ice. The driver said the bus went into the median, hit reflective posts, crossed back over the highway and crashed into a ditch.

gene yuss

Is that a before or after picture?

Samantha K

is it just me, or are a lot of buses crashing lately ?? taking mental note : Stay away from buses with celebrities on them !

Retrofaze

OOOOH WWEEEEEEE OOOOOHHH, I wonder if he looks like Buddy Holly? Just kidding. I really do hope that he is okay, as Weezer is one of the greatest bands out there right now (of course they originated in the 90's) and I don't want to see it be the end of their reign for making every song they do completely different!

The Best of the 80's and 90's Music, Movies, TV, Toys and MORE!

Bobo Frog

The bus crashed in New York, and they were taken to a hospital in Amsterdam??? Something in this report is not right....

Adam

Bobo Frog: Amsterdam, NY. Believe it or not, there's a whole state north of Manhattan.

Bobo Frog

How am I supposed to know every tiny butthole of a town in NY state? Just because TMZ doesn't have the most literate staff...don't take it out on me you freakin' losers...hahahahha. Keep reporting on Britney and Paris you freakin' rocket scientists!

Samantha K

Mr. Bobo Frog ... if you don't like it ... stop reading it ... and what ?

wisey

weezer rocks! get well soon, yo!

whats with these homies dissin my girl?

Bobo Frog

Samantha, are you that ditzy girl on TMZ whose only contribution to the conversations are that certain guys are yummy? Or are you the blonde one?

whatever777

Let me get this straight....
they crashed in New York... and flew him all the way to Amsterdam , netherlands ? .... wtf.. tmz you are so dumb...Be more specific idiots....nobody cares about New York

CriticAl

If you're wondering if I want you to,
I want you to,
Drive carefully,
Cause I ain't got 9 lives

Alex Sauer

Hope you get better soon, Rivers. Glad the wreck wasn't any worse than it was.

Cat

No wonder he hasn't posted any funny tweets on twitter today. Hope he's okay.

buttHead

Rectum, dman near killed Kenny and him.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments