Domestic Violence Group Rips SNL's Tiger Sketch

12/7/2009 7:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"Saturday Night Live" joked about Tiger Woods being beaten by his wife Elin during a sketch on the show this weekend -- but the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence ... they ain't laughin'.

TMZ spoke with the organization's Executive Director Rita Smith, who told us she was "horrified" that SNL "made such a mockery of abuse."

During the sketch, Woods -- played by Kenan Thompson -- is visibly battered and holding up signs warning that Elin -- played by Blake Lively -- has beaten him.

During the show, the audience laughs, but Smith claims, "There's nothing funny about this story, particularly if violence was part of the events that took place ... I hope that SNL refrains from using this kind of skit in the future as it diminishes people's support for victims of domestic violence."

Only marry foreign women

Domestic violence against women is wrong. Domestic violence again men is hilarious. jajajajajajajajaja

Medical legal issues

A crime did occur. The victim was beat so badly that he was on life support in an ICU.

James

Who cares what they think...It is a SKIT...They should go eat Tofu, save the delta smelt and hug trees...Leave SNL alone it's just humor

ddberry

It's funny because it's about a weaker person beating the ever lovin' cr-ap out of a stronger person. It's also funny because it's true (even though Tiger denies it).

This country needs to find it's funny bone, all these special interest groups are killing any levity that exists. Instead of bitching about the sketch, use it to educate you dummies.

SLJ

sorry, this skit was hilarious.

J

It is amazing how low folk will go to profit from others fame. When NCADV was not present at the incident, didn't communicate with Tiger’s wife and has no substantiating evidence to support their assertions, they are therefore making false judgment; based solely upon their personal bias. This makes them a dysfunctional organization lacking a purpose. Instead they should be working with females like those who were willing to be one of Tiger’s (or anyone else’s) ancillary lovers. They should Work on cultivating females to have a greater sense of self-worth, purpose, and drive to build their own assets, so they don’t have to be reliant upon a man. None of this is Tiger’s responsibility! He was wrong to cheat on his family. But, it was worse that he so easily found females with loose morals to cheat with. We all knew Tiger was married! Spend your time attacking the “selling sex” message of major media, which Tiger has no control over!

zippo

Oh lighten up. The skit was funny. Tiger is lucky he didn't have that golf club placed elsewhere so he could put while he walks.

Only marry foreign women

I killed my husband. I shot him with a shot gun...in the back....when he was asleep...I got 45 days in jail. Later the family judge gave back custody of my children.

Medical legal issues

He was beaten so badly he ended up in an ICU, is discharged prematurely to protect the families "privacy" and after being discharged from an ICU with neurotrauma, the batterer says the next day he is sleeping!

Now that is funny!

Domestic violence is a crime, not a skit.

lacey

Jeez - lighten up.

littleeelvis

people should lighten up. it was freakin' funny

Only marry foreign women

men make stupid husbands they deserve to be beaten

lisa mae magillacuddy

I'm gonna wash that man right outa my hair
__________________________________________________

I'm gonna wash that man right outa my hair,
I'm gonna wash that man right outa my hair,
I'm gonna wash that man right outa my hair,
And send him on his way.

I'm gonna wave that man right outa my arms,

I'm gonna wave that man right outa my arms,
I'm gonna wave that man right outa my arms,
And send him on his way.

Don't try to patch it up

Tear it up, tear it up!

Wash him out, dry him out,
Push him out, fly him out,

Cancel him and let him go!

Yea, sister!

You can't light a fire when the woods are wet,

You can't make a butterfly strong,

Hmm, hmm!

You can't fix an egg when it ain't quite good,

And you can't fix a man when he's wrong!

You can't put back a petal when it falls from a flower,
Or sweeten up a fellow when he starts turnin' sour

Oh no! Oh no!

If his eyes get dull and fishy,
When you look for glints and gleams,
Waste no time,
Make a switch,
Drop him in the nearest ditch!
Rub him out of the roll call,
And drum him out of your dreams
Oho! Oho!

I went to wash that man right outa my hair,
I went to wash that man right outa my hair,
I went to wash that man right outa my hair,
And sent him on his way.

She went to wash that man right outa my hair,
She went to wash that man right outa my hair,
She went to wash that man right outa my hair,

And send him on his way!

Me

According to RadarOnline, Elin's moved out.

Annie

I THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY!!!! NCADV should shut up about comedy skits and use their voice for more serious matters.