'18 Kids and Counting' Mom Rushed to Hospital

12/8/2009 2:57 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michelle DuggarMichelle Duggar -- star of the reality show "18 Kids and Counting" and currently pregnant with numero 19 -- was airlifted to the hospital on Saturday, but all is well.

She was experiencing contractions, but it turned out it was just gallstones. A rep for TLC says, "At this time, Michelle and her unborn baby are both stable and resting. Mrs. Duggar is in good spirits and feeling much better."

Dr. Lowery, chairman of the department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at UAMS Medical Center says, "We have every reason at present to expect that mother and baby will proceed with a healthy pregnancy. Mrs. Duggar is in good spirits and feeling much better."

Ken

Check the whereabouts of Cousin Amy. I don't believe it is gallstones for a minute. Amy wants to get her hooks into Jim Bob and is willing to do anything.

rb

This isn't her 19th its her 20th

KidRockFan

The Duggars support their family, they do not rely on public assistance so let them have all the children they want. They are a perfect example of what God intended for families to be. They have the love of God in their heart for their children. Michelle has the softest kindest voice. Those kids have the greatest example you could ask for. Get well soon Michelle

sheri

I think the Duggars are great! I wish more families were like that. I can't believe people have the nerve to attack their values. How many people that have that many children are able to support them without government assistance? You see it too oftern mother's having baby after baby just to get more government assistance. God Bless the Duggars.

void

Some one should tell this woman her Uterus is NOT a Clown CAR

mia

The Duggars make me sick!

J C

That's alot of love.

scott

This is a human puppy mill. Taking a page out of the Kate Gosslein playbook, these people have found a way to finance their breeding program.

1 Daddy

It's easy to judge the Duggars based on their family size. I did when I first heard of them. If you watch the show once, something becomes very apparent. This family is amzingly well balanced, full of love, and respect each other tremendously. Their oversized family lives without an ounce of debt (even prior to the show compensation) and their level of respect for all people and each other is almost nonexistent in today's world. I have 1 beautiful baby and a great wife, and life is still tough. Goofy as it sounds, the Duggars inspire me to try harder with my own family, since we are so small by comparison. If they can find tolerance, patience, love and respect among 20+, I believe I can model and lead that in my own home 20 times easier. They are BIG, but they are GOOD for TV. Get well michelle!

LISA

LOL Molly. people i know we all have our own opinions about this situation but its not for us to judge this family on how they live or how many children they may have. the Bible clearly states if you JUDGE you shall be JUDGED by the same measures you meet so lets just pray for them. Have a BLESSED DAY everyone.

RRRRRRRRRRRRR

I don't get the hostility. This woman and her husband have every right in this country to have as many children as they want. They are self supporting, and by all evidence are raising happy, respectful children who will probably grow up to be self supporting. How is she "killing the planet"? What idiocy! If you want to find a mother to criticize, look at all those dependent on state aid, medicaid, welfare, etc. Those are the women who should not be reproducing. Just my never-to-be-humble opinion.

timmsa

This woman may have the right to have as many children as she wants, but come on now. If you have ever seen the show, you will see that she doesn't take care of the little ones. She even stated that the older ones have "little buddies" which means that the older ones have a little one to take care of. And Not 1 time have i ever heard any of these people tell each other that they love them.
I have seen the show, and I have to agree that this is a human puppy mill.
Did anyone notice that as soon as Anna announce that she was pregnant and the attention suddenly turned to Anna, Michelle announce a couple months later that she was pregnant again with number 19.
She is 42 years old now and her body has not had any time to recoop from having a baby. It takes a body at least 3-4 years to fully return to prebaby.

I have also heard that these kids have said they do not want to have big families of their own. A couple of them said that they would be happy with 2-3 children.
This is just getting sick.

the seer

This family makes it's money off exploiting their kids and lives. You only know of what you see on camera. I'll get if you got some of those kids away from there, they would tell you what a nightmare they are living. Looks like they are the ones raising all the ones coming after to me, while Michelle just sits in bed spewing out kids. Oh, and she must be having a heck of alot of sex too! Who has time for that with 20 KIDS??

lucy

im surprised her vagina hasnt fallen off. its so disgusting that she keeps popping kid after kid

Twinker

Gallstones hurt waaaaay more than childbirth! Hope Mrs. Duggar gets well soon.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments