« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tiger Woods

Admitted to Hospital as OD

12/8/2009 2:44 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

HospitalTiger Woods was admitted to Health Central Hospital the day after Thanksgiving as an overdose.

Sources connected with the hospital tell TMZ the admissions chart lists "OD" and that he was having trouble breathing.

We're told the fifth floor of the hospital was put on lockdown when Tiger arrived. Tiger was admitted under an alias -- William Smith. His wife, Elin Nordegren was by his side.

As we first reported, Elin gave paramedics two pill bottles at the accident scene -- we now know the prescriptions were for Ambien and Vicodin. Tiger was in and out of consciousness, snoring at the scene, and our sources say he clearly appeared to be under the influence of something -- not alcohol.

We're also told doctors used a breathing tube to assist his respiration.

We're also told hospital officials changed Tiger's alias after a few hours to another alias because they feared people would find out he was there.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Pina

PolarBear: The difference between Tiger and Michael Jackson is that Tiger is guilty of cheating on his wife and brought all this on himself. Michael Jackson was innocent, lied about, and tortured by the media. All he ever did was try to help people in need and live out the childhood he never got to have. A person can only take so much. If I were Michael, I would need help sleeping too. RIP Michael. Tiger, GET HELP!

Disgusting

Not to defend Tiger, but why is the hospital discussing anything about his medical situation with anyone? Hospitals and doctors do not seem to take medical privacy seriously.

JJ

And they want to crucify Anna Nicole Smith's boyfriend for getting medication under alias'. What's the difference between her & Tiger Woods with an alias? No one wants the doctors prosecuted for giving medication to an alias person. What a joke!

There is no such thing as reality tv

Why are there so many celebs with drug and alcohol problems? Every time I log on to TMZ,I find out another athelete, singer, or actor/actress has a drug problem. How sad for our youth who look up to them.

HannahJane

Anyone who has ever taken Ambien will tell you that it puts you to sleep very quickly. So if Tiger had taken one without a doubt he could have "appeared" to be someone who had overdosed. I think that TMZ and all of the other gossip, I want to ruin your life and judge you websites should find something better to do with their time. And for all of the people who have advice for Elin....I day you better keep an eye on your own spouse or partner because Tiger isn't the only person cheating. I'm tired of the story. Judge lest not be judged.

Interracial facial

Reason why half of Hollywood is high is because celebs are media success smart and health info stupid. They treat effects of aging with booze and/or drugs rather than with life style and nutrition.

Susan

I'd like to say one thing which is not in defense of anything and might not even be the case in this situation. I sleep walk. I know for a fact that Ambien makes people sleep walk. Especially if they are prone to do it normally. I have taken medications like this and actually had to be stopped from getting in my car and driving when I've been sleepwalking. It may have not been his fault.

lolokailey

Wow A MONTH AGO TIGER WAS AN UNDISPUTED SAINT...AND NOW WE FIND OUT HIS LIFE IS ACTUALLY CRAZIER THAN COURTNEY LOVE???!!!!

.............

Dayamn! How many mistresses does Woods have??

tim

medical records are supposed to be private.if i were tiger woods i would sue TMZ and the hospital for saying this.but i call BS remember the source who said tiger would be charged.TMZ has an agenda against tiger for some reason.they have gotten worse ever since the cops didnt charge him like TMZ claims they were gonna do.

me

the only thing we should learn from all of these celebrities is that money and fame do not equal success nor happiness. I work hard everyday of my life, sometimes wonder if ends will meet...no awards, no accolades. But I have joy, peace of mind and the ability to fall asleep without Ambien or Propofol. Instead of idolizing these "stars" we should pray for them. They are under extreme pressure from media, their agents, ect. to be ONE WAY and ONLY that way. They are expected to succeed at all cost, even if that means losing grip on reality and eventually their lives. Thank God Tiger has been exposed now, for his own good...before he died of an OD or from HIV at the rate he going. He can still get help and I pray he does!!

Jane

TMZ - is this article: Tiger OD and in hospital - true or not? Why don't you have an update? Is he still in hospital - or when was he discharged? Anyone know? Why aren't other outlets reporting this - TMZ is only one saying he OD'd and was put in hospital.

Donnie

To whom this may concern;

I understand the business that you(THE MEDIA) are in. I believe that if you (the media) continue to dig you will find more. But you and I know that the damage is done. I am big Tiger Woods fan and I DO NOT condone what he has done. But I do believe that enough is enough. One of these days you(the media) will push one of these celebrities too far and because of their fragile state, they will break. Lord knows what they might to themselves or to others. Tiger is human like everybody else.. Look at the bigger picture, the more you dig the worse it is for the Elin and the rest of her family. Tiger deserves whatever he gets. But at least let him make amends to the people he has hurt. To the women that have come out and for those still to come; you had your fun, got lavish gifts, trips around world and then some.. Now shut up.. you have no business talking about what you did in private with Tiger.. Just remember that these women that are talking are getting large amounts of money by the tabloids and other media outlets because they had sex will Tiger.. So I ask you, what are these women then? Enough said.

hottopics

Wow Tiger - I don't think you will be in the Billionaire status next year. I wonder which one of these women will run to you for sex the next time you call. It the story goes like this - no money - no sex.

chalkoutline

Since Hospital records are protected from disclosure by State and Federal law, any 'source' could say 'anything' for the right price.

Tiger should be grateful this didn't happen in CA or Jerry Brown would be charging him and his Doctors with 'illegal' use of aliases and 'enabling'.

Posted at 1:17AM on Dec 8th 2009 by Only swim in the Ocean

Yeah, it's a sin what FL allows to go on. That old "celebrity perk" staying strong in FL. Yeah, you can be a "celebrity" with 44 scripts in illegal names and die from those scripts, and FL is ok with that. perper says NOW, he's not suprised there were arrests, since he KNEW the scripts were illegal, but did he do anything at the time, hell no. perper, sideshow seidlin, millstein, the prosecutor of Broward County, all incompetents. Broward County is even letting sideshow off the hook for criminal prosecution for stealing from an old lady. Letting a baby, via an unknown man (milstein) take the body away from the rightful family. Disgusting. And his bill of $200,000!!!
Poor DL was left broke by these sheisters. And swims, did you hear about sideshows new book, THE MURDER OF ANNA NICOLE SMITH!!!

ooohhh the M word. Is wood and stern going to put a stop to that? Or are wood and stern getting a piece of the action?