« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

College Football Whacked By Village People Cop

12/9/2009 1:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

College Football Whacked By Village People CopThe cop from Village People just chalked up the first victory in college football bowl season -- dominating the people behind a major bowl game who used his image without permission.

The cop -- real name Victor Willis -- has settled a lawsuit he filed against the Sun Bowl after they allegedly used his voice and image to promote a halftime show at the 2009 game featuring the Village People ... even though Willis left the group back in 1984.

According to Willis, the Sun Bowl has agreed to run a disclaimer should they ever book the Village People again reading, "The original lead singer of the Village People, Victor Willis, is not performing."

"You can put your mind at ease."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

KaraScott

Funny how you keep changing names! Ray Simpson little thin voice absolutely murder those original Village People songs by Victor Willis. Phylicia Rashad? Please, she was married and divorced before she met Victor. She has married and divorced again. So I don't know which of her husbands you're talking about. By the way, she's still living in the house in Mt. Vernon, NY that Victor bought back in 1978. Speaking of Wendy Williams, I understand she's real angry to find out that the group calling themselves Village People on her show was fake. Ray Simpson has never recorded a hit in his life and never will. Isn't it true that most of the fake Village People are currently HIV positive? And didn't Glenn Hughes die of AIDS just like Jacques Morili?

taminy hall

Yea "Becky" you sure seem touchy. Is this all too personal for you? I just saw the Village People on The Wendy Williams Show and that lead singer looked pretty cute to me and sang his ass off too! I see on their website that they're playing Honolulu for New Year's Eve. Some Village People have all the luck. What's Willis doing for New Year's, the truth now! No don't tell me, he's stretching out in his trailer,oops, I mean mansion in Texas. I saw Willis on Youtube at the Hollywood Walk Of Fame tribute, someone(you?)needs to tell him not to wear white pants with those child bearing hips he's got.Black is his safest bet. Actually that orange get-up he wore in court was a perfect fit.

Taylor Davis

All of this brouhaha over a "has been", you guys need to get a life.

Tosha

Becky, it does not matter if a person is gay or has AIDS. All I can say is I'll take the original leader singer any old day over some joker pretending to sing a song that he did not record. That seems to be what your Ray Simspon is doing. As a Fan that was introduced to the Villge People music by her mother, there is no comparison between Victor Willis and Ray Simpson. Victor's voice runs circles around Simpson. I was on Youtube one day and discovered Ray Simpson's version of YMCA. It is disgraceful. See Youtube. I saw him sing on Wendy Williams and he sounded equally disgraceful and he has buck-teeth and is too fat.

Tom

Victor Willis have talent and a great voice. Do you remember Guns and Roses? It´s the same thing. People fighting for money. It´s life.Axl Rose did fight in court for Guns name, etc...So many artists after separation do that.But in America i think the composer rights are payed for artist. I think Mr Willis earn some money from his work in 80s.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2