Cult of Personality

12/9/2009 2:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The 47-year-old resurfaced at some event in NYC on Monday, looking exquisite.

Ian Astbury
Ian plays on the L.A. soccer team Hollywood United.

Astbury named one of his sons after trendy Marxist terrorist Che Guevara.

COMMENTS

republican mensa

I loved this band!!!! He still looks good

Jfish

the love album is still one of the best records ever...

Princess Ali Baba

where's the thick eyeliner???

SERIOUSLY!!!

He looks the lead singer for the DOORS !

Tam

TMZ has the best "member them" Pics. I love see my old favs "now" Thanks

jimihendrixlives

Maybe that's because he was the lead singer of the Doors... Duh.

Jezzy

Still looks presentable......

Fox

Haha, I love how you called Che out on what he really was. I'm suprised actually.

T

Wow I did not know that Hollywood United had a 47 year old player on their team......

He did tour with the Doors for a year or so. The made a DVD of one of the concerts.

Go to You tube and search for The Cult "Rain", Greatest song ever

LAnn

i'm disapointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he looked better when he was younger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

karen

Ian actually toured with Ray and Robbie from the Doors from 2002-2005. I seen them in Dallas in '03 and St. Louis in '05. The St. Louis show was in a small intimate theatre (like The Fox or something similiar. I was front row and I swear if your eyes were closed and you were grooving out Ian sounded just like Jim. It was fantastic show and he was a great performer. (My husband thought he was trying to hard to sound and act like Jim).

shawn

What do they mean sorta famous, the cult are one of the best rock bands ever, Ive seen them twice, they rock, and he did a great job as lead singer of the doors, though to be fair no one could ever replace Jim... Theres a Revolution baby

VJ

Still hot. I had a major crush on him in high school.

jobyshokk

Wow - The Cult is my all time favorite!!! My wife & I just saw The Cult a few weeks ago in Atlanta (4th time for me) for the 'Love Live' tour. Great show! Great band!! Ceremony was one of -if not- the most under-rated of their albums. They're not a flashy band, but they have a great stage presence & Ian's legendary vocals w/ Billy's superb axe work make for a transcending experience.

Anita

Electric and Sonic Temple are classics. Go West (Crazy Spinning Circles), She Sells Sanctuary, Love Removal Machine, Fire Woman, and on and on. Plus, gotta love a rock band that can reference Salvador Dali with "Aphrodisiac Jacket". Thanks for the update..now go find Billy Duffy!! :-)

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments