Duggar Baby #19 Born After Emergency C-Section

12/11/2009 11:24 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michelle DuggarMichelle Duggar gave birth to baby #19 last night after the reality star was rushed to the operating room for an emergency.

TMZ spoke with a rep from TLC who told us, "Michelle, who has been in the hospital recovering from a gallstone, was taken to the OR for an emergency c-section."

At 6:27 PM, Michelle and Jim Bob welcomed their new daughter, Josie Brooklyn ... who weighed in at 1lb., 6 oz.

We're told Michelle is resting comfortably and the baby is "stable" -- although she's in the neonatal intensive-care unit at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.

The rep added, "The most important thing right now is for Mom and baby Josie to get as much rest as possible. The family is grateful for all the prayers and well wishes during their recovery."

Celebrity Cute Baby Pictures

Angelique

THEY ARE NO GOSSELINS GO DUGGARS AND CONGRATS ON THE NEWEST BABY IT'S A BLESSING!!

virginia

I hope everything turns out well for them. As for the number of kids they have, not my business or yours.

the seer

THEY ARE GETTING MEDICAL INSURANCE. HOW ARE THEY ALLOWED TO HAVE SO MANY BABIES THE INSURANCE PAYS FOR WHILE OURS GOES UP? THEY SHOULD CUT THEM OFF NOW. SO MANY PEOPLE CAN'T EVEN GET INSURANCE, AND THESE PEOPLE GET CARTE BLANCHE?

Shel

these people need to STOP having KIDS! 1lbs 6oz that baby has alot of fight & a long road ahead of her & I hope she does ok. My son was 2lbs at birth & i spent 81 days in the nicu with him.
So please lets hope this is a sign for them to stop having kids, but I doubt it. I'm sure they're planning on baby #20 already. My thoughts are with the baby.

midi

time to stop breeding.

Robin

Wow...........most people are responding to how many children they are producing. I'm just not getting that anyone is wishing the baby any harm. It just isn't smart nor fair to the many children who are starving right now, homeless, or spending this season wishing they could call someone mom or dad. What is the saddest part is that the next generaton sees this as normal. This isn't as much about God.............it is about two selfish people that are procreating and flaunting it.

Twinker

I hope Michelle can now get some much needed relief from those
extremely painful gallstones. My heart goes out to the newest Duggar. Josie is waaay too tiny!

Ben Dover

If she wants more kids I would be happy to help out. 18 year old Jill Duggar is hot, I would bend her over!

nwcanadian

She looks amazingly good for someone whose given birth 19 times. They seem like a very happy, well-adjusted family so good on them.

dr fred

they do NOT pay for everything. they use health insurance, they create garbage, they do NOt contribute to the world,, they use large amounts of land & they make $$$$ from TLC(hoard) & do not circulate back into thew economy

Me

1.6 pounds... that's small. I hope she ends up being just fine. I had a son in the Cardiac ICU and it was a long long road. I've seen the good and bad. I'm hoping for the good. But I agree maybe its time to stop having babies.

I watch the show sometimes (when hubby is in bed lol) and I wish all the kids in the world had half as much respect for others as the Duggers. Its better for the world to be over populated by the Duggars then people on welfare with 35 kids with 35 different people driving around in new Escalades....

midi

Shel is got it spot on. A premee baby faces so many health obstacles during life.

sensible grandma

HOPE ALL TURNS OUT WELL FOR THEM. THIS MAY BE A SIGN TO NOT PRESS YOUR LUCK. THEY HAVE BEEN VERY LUCKY SO FAR. MICHELLE'S BODY CAN ONLY TAKE SO MUCH. THIS MAY BE A WARNING.

rico

The only prayer I have for them, is stop having babies.....

Em

Time for Jim Bob to have a vasectomy. Their glee in having copious amounts of children has now threatened the life of their newest child and may very well now threaten the health of Michelle. She is instrumental to the family. Let the grandchildren fill whatever void they feel they may have in later years. I hope little Josie Brooklyn thrives but what a terrible struggle she'll likely have. Duggars and TLC, we'll still watch the show with or without more kids. Common sense must now prevail.