« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tiger Woods

Breaks from Golf

Admits 'Infidelity'

12/11/2009 8:48 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

BreakTiger Woods has just announced he'll be taking an "indefinite break" from golf -- and for the first time, he admits to acts of "infidelity."

Woods just released the following statement on his website:

"I am deeply aware of the disappointment and hurt that my infidelity has caused to so many people, most of all my wife and children. I want to say again to everyone that I am profoundly sorry and that I ask forgiveness. It may not be possible to repair the damage I've done, but I want to do my best to try.

I would like to ask everyone, including my fans, the good people at my foundation, business partners, the PGA Tour, and my fellow competitors, for their understanding. What's most important now is that my family has the time, privacy, and safe haven we will need for personal healing.

After much soul searching, I have decided to take an indefinite break from professional golf. I need to focus my attention on being a better husband, father, and person.

Again, I ask for privacy for my family and I am especially grateful for all those who have offered compassion and concern during this difficult period
."

UPDATE: Golf fun fact -- when Tiger was out of golf for eight months last year while recovering from reconstructive knee surgery, TV ratings dropped 50 percent while he was out of commission.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

cara

Tiger, you need to get your ass out there and start winning. Once you do that the world will forget your transgressions. If Elin really cared about you she would realize that and hire 15 nannies and go on the road with you and take the kids. Golf defines you, Tiger....you can play golf and be a good husband, father and person. You don't need months to heal. Get back out there, pronto!!!!!!

who dat

To little to late. This is the way babies do it AFTER they have been busted. I bet he wrote his cheatin whores off on his taxes to.

This is the same thing Jordan did when he got busted gambling. A way to threaten the game to back off. WEAK.

Vonn

Boo freakin hoo. He should have thought of the wife & kids before he started stroking all of these mistresses.

Tiffany

Tooooo little. Toooo late. I guess Tiger thinks we're all as dumb and naive as Elin.

Sponsors are you listening to America?! WE ARE SICK OF TIGER and those who endorse him will feel our wrath at the check stand!

Shame on NIKE!!

JT

He's only sorry he got caught! Typical!

Sexual Mac

Indefinite leave from gayolf. Why not just do us all a favor and quit gayolf.
No one want's to see your pathetic ass anymore.
Go f#@% yourself Tigger

fitzzy40

LEAVE THE GUY ALONE...My god so he cheated on his wife, OJ simpson was trated better then this and we all no what he did....Tiger take some time off and get your self back and dont worry about anyone else.. YOU OWE NOTHING TO ANYONE. I HOPE TO SEE YOU BACK ON THE GOLF COURSE SOON. MY PRYERS ARE WITH YOU.. GOD BLESS.

Suckit

Tiger is the man!! He cheats because he can. His wife is just a gold digging skank. He slept with every hot chick in America and, instead of leaving him, she re-negotiates her prenup for more money. That's the definition of a golddigger. Hey Tiger, good for you my man. You've got a billion dollars banked and a wife who's after that instead of you. All I want to know is, if you're done with Rachel can I have her?
You da man Tiger!!!!!

I hate rappers

Tiger I wrote a song for you while your in hiatus with your wife. Since she will probably not be sharing the gold mine with you anymore, maybe this song will get you through the hard days ahead

Everybody sing along with me now ..........

When I'm all alone and I'm by myself and there's no one lying next to me when I'm all alone and I'm by myself Little Peter keeps me company

when I'm in the can when I take a sh*t I can see him smiling up at me so I pull him once then I pull him twice now I find it's impossible to pee

if you go I'll be a one man show but if you stay I'll put my friend away

When I'm all alone and I'm by myself and there's no one lying next to me

when I'm all alone and I'm by myself Little Peter keeps me company
Little Peter.......... keeps me company!!!!!!!

rainbow4321

This fits in with what I read elsewhere yesteday...Elin gave him a final choice...golf or me/kids. IF he were to continue golfing, she insisted on accompanying him to ALL the tourneys and he would have to wait til the kids were old enough to go with them.

cory

Lumpy he has made HER LIFE HELL ALREADY. If he stays true to himself and horndog ways as you choose to put it, NIKE WILL DUMP HIM!!!!!

Carrie

No doubt Tiger is trying to save his big endorsements. I hope his wife leaves his sorry ass because he is one rotten cheater.

jennifer

At first I was one of those people who thought Elin maybe should stay with him so that she can be with her kids full time instead of share custody. NOW, I think she should get the hell out or she just looks like a gold digger herself. I mean how could she stay with him after he's been with THAT many women. She would probably get full custody anyways because Tiger is too busy having sex and golfing to parent. Really, I mean who would give him half time custody to have some nanny look after his kids. She should leave already or I will have no respect for her.

Joann

I would have had more respect for him if held a press conference but I am glad he is owning up to this, even if he didn't write it, and hopefully he will get some help for his "conditionn" and try to repair his marriage, if it's not too late.

cory

YEAH LET'S DUMP NIKE BECAUSE OF TIGER....NO MORE SALES FOR NIKE.
HURRAY HURRAY NIKE IS WAY OVERPRICED ANYWAY!!!!!