« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tiger Woods

Breaks from Golf

Admits 'Infidelity'

12/11/2009 8:48 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

BreakTiger Woods has just announced he'll be taking an "indefinite break" from golf -- and for the first time, he admits to acts of "infidelity."

Woods just released the following statement on his website:

"I am deeply aware of the disappointment and hurt that my infidelity has caused to so many people, most of all my wife and children. I want to say again to everyone that I am profoundly sorry and that I ask forgiveness. It may not be possible to repair the damage I've done, but I want to do my best to try.

I would like to ask everyone, including my fans, the good people at my foundation, business partners, the PGA Tour, and my fellow competitors, for their understanding. What's most important now is that my family has the time, privacy, and safe haven we will need for personal healing.

After much soul searching, I have decided to take an indefinite break from professional golf. I need to focus my attention on being a better husband, father, and person.

Again, I ask for privacy for my family and I am especially grateful for all those who have offered compassion and concern during this difficult period
."

UPDATE: Golf fun fact -- when Tiger was out of golf for eight months last year while recovering from reconstructive knee surgery, TV ratings dropped 50 percent while he was out of commission.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

kiwikiwikiwi

wow...

William

The images that some don't want you to see!!

LasVegasGreg

Nike writes great press releases.

Walter

Now he has more time for the 'ho's.

Me

Loser!

God looks the other way, but only so far.

Good FOr Him. He's been outed as a desperately lonely man, who as much as he's tried to fiill up as many holes as he could find he, himself, remained empty. He' been outed and not he can perhaps find some peace instead of another piece that only leaves him hungry.

suzy

well if i have 110 mil in my pocket i d the same
TMZ btw u re lame its WAY too much bóut this she
arent there any other news around ? something must be going on or?

colleen

Hope you can pull it together for the sake of your children, but I would hit the road if I were your wife. Good Luck

MZLB

once a HOE always a HOE...Tiger is a HOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...I don't feel sorry for his uncle Tom azz

I hate rappers

Oh, and I will be in hiatus at my various haunts in Vegas, so girls you know where to find me...........

Pookie

Too little, too late.
What a phony!
Bet he has AIDS!

JEW486

OMFG! SO SAD! THIS IS ALL SO DAMN SAID! UGH! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FttBNNE1fJM

markko

Needs a long break to rinse all that skank crud from under his filthy foreskin.

Sexual Mac

Tiger Woods is garbage, always has been, always will be.

PolarBear

Screw forgiveness, that is just trying to lay the fault on others. Waiting for the rest of us to do something? That's insane. Tiger still hasn't come to terms with his behavior and only through a change of behavior from now on can he expect alternate results. However, forgiveness is hardly called for. What an extreme case of evading responsibility! He's giving us a major diversion.

WORDS ARE CHEAP, PUNK!

Get the heck away to Sweden, Elin, put an end to the nonsense.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments