Toby Keith Adds Racist Slant to Nobel Party

12/14/2009 7:52 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Remember 30 seconds ago, when we published that awesome Nobel Peace Prize party footage??? Well, it's ruined now ... thanks to a moment where Toby Keith made a gesture deemed offensive to Asians.

Toby Keith: Click to watch
During "Rapper's Delight," Toby slants his eyes when Will Smith raps the line "to the black, to the white, the red, and the brown, the purple and yellow."

As you can guess, the gesture occurred right when the word "yellow" was uttered -- roughly 1:25 into the footage.

Way to ruin the Nobel Peace Prize party, Toby.

PIGTAILS

OK SERIOUSLY THIS IS NOT A STORY..I AGREE WITH EVERYONE BEFORE ME WHO SAYS WHO CARES...OUR COUNTRY IS GOING TO CRAP..WASNT THIS COUNTRY FOUNDED ON STRONG BELIEF'S..OUR FOUNDING FATHERS HAD TO BE GANGSTER CUZ THEY DIDNT GIVE 2 #@^$'S ABOUT OFFENDING ANYONE. WE ARE TO BUSY CARING ABOUT EVERYONES FEELINGS AND BECAUSE WE DONT WANT TO HURT ANYONE'S FEELINGS PEOPLE WONT SAY WHAT THEY REALLY THINK..WELL I MAY JUST BE THE LAST PERSON TO NOT GIVE A @%#$ BUT WAKE THE HELL UP PEOPLE..PRETTY SOON YOU WONT BE ABLE TO GO TO THE DOCTOR WITHOUT ASKING OBAMA OR SMOKE WITHIN 5 FEET OF ANYTHING AND BE SO BROKE YOU CANT EVEN PAY ATTENTION TO THIS STUPID @%*$ THAT THE MEDIA PUTS OUT THERE. WE WERENT THIS SENSITIVE BEFORE BEFORE YOU KNOW WHO WAS PREZ WERE WE..I DONT KNOW SORRY GO ON AND ON BUT NOW ON TV THEY ACTUALLY STOPPED SAYING MERRY CHRISTMAS ARE YOU F ING KIDDING ME..JUST SEEMS LIKE THERE ARE SO MANY MORE THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT OTHER THAN OFFENDING PEOPLE LIKE MAYBE WE SHOULD JUST GET RID OF ALL HOLIDAYS CUZ LET ME TELL YA WITH ALL THIS CRAP GOIN ON I CANT AFFORD IT ANYWAY CUZ THE ONLY THING PEOPLE CARE ABOUT LATELY IS MAKING A BUCK SO THERE IS NOTHING BUT SCANDALASS PEOPLE (YA I KNOW I SPELLED IT WRONG)OUT THERE ANYWAY YOU CANT TRUST THE STORE'S THE GAS STATION'S, THE MEDIA, YOUR HUSBAND THE BANKS, AND LEAST OF ALL THE PRESIDENT SO REALLY PEOPLE WHO GIVES A FLYING U KNOW WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CriticAl

YES IT IS RACIST.

Frankly, I'm shocked that so many people are trying to brush this off. Just goes to show you that some forms of racism are still accepted and most people are hypocritical idiots.

Marlo

He is the biggest REDNECK ever!!!! I am from Oklahoma and am truly embarassed for Keith! He is tacky white trash....
At least Jeff Foxworthy makes being a redneck look funny and sort of cool....Keith is just a big fat nobody!!!

Mike Tyson

Nope...nothing even close to racist there. And...there shouldn't have been any party anyway,because there shouldn't have been any Nobel prize awarded in the first place.

Jake

Nice try TMZ.....BIG FAILURE!!!!

You did not make the case.....you failed......AGAIN!!!

Cathy

I watch that whole dumb ass thing and never saw it.

janet

he's hi all the time, howard stern says "toby is one of the biggest pot heads around"

couplewords

Why's Will Smith singing in a white band? Kinda make you wonder if he's hiding white sheets somewhere!

DeeJay

surprised? he's a redneck. lol, get over it people.

Tazandra

You Tools! He probably had tired eyes and was rubbing them. You continually try to sensationalize absolutely nothing for the sake of one of your dumb "stories"......there is absolutely nothing to this. If I were a celebrity and one of your knuckle draggers was after me with a video camera and stupid questions "Sarah Jessica - did you keep your mole?" I think I would jump off a cliff just to get away from you.

den in sac

Okay look... First off, I'm a Black man. Second, I'm tired of all the Politically Correct people complaining! (All two of them). Grow up America!! Toby Keith is alright with me!!

Ian

I don't think anyone should get sued or banned because of some racist remark or action. What Toby Keith did was what kids do to other Asian kids to tease them. I'm sure not everyone in the Asian community are gonna be offended by this. I hate political correctness but there's also social grace and manners. Don't be suprised if you say or do something like this if they simply don't like you in return. Everyone is free to hate and discern.

And TMZ is all about stirring "things" up and making a mountain out of a mole hill. Its what you're all here for.

renee west

it was a slam. of course it was. this is the same guy who made a lynch remark about black people in his 'beer for my horses' song. even my right wing republican friends couldn't defend that song despite, and we all love toby's music. but he's a dumb douche who doesn't think, just acts.

so go ahead. tell the rest of us to stop being politically correct, and it's no big deal. well it is. he needs to stop. it's as offensive and stupid when he does it as when miley cyrus did it.

T

As an Asian, I don't even being to feel offended by this! Asians usually have "slanted" eyes. Big deal. I love mine. And as another general rule of thumb, AA haves larger more full lips. Who cares. Accept what you are and aren't and grow up!

Taddy

Weak, non event. Can't you find anything today on Carrie Prejan?!