Toby Keith Adds Racist Slant to Nobel Party

12/14/2009 7:52 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Remember 30 seconds ago, when we published that awesome Nobel Peace Prize party footage??? Well, it's ruined now ... thanks to a moment where Toby Keith made a gesture deemed offensive to Asians.

Toby Keith: Click to watch
During "Rapper's Delight," Toby slants his eyes when Will Smith raps the line "to the black, to the white, the red, and the brown, the purple and yellow."

As you can guess, the gesture occurred right when the word "yellow" was uttered -- roughly 1:25 into the footage.

Way to ruin the Nobel Peace Prize party, Toby.

Mike Tyson

There shouldn't have been any friggin peace prize given in the first place. Hell,Pee Wee Herman would have been more deserving of it.What a crock !!!

Mariah

82 Renee:

Where, oh where, do you see mention of black people being lynched?? He talks of stringing up criminals like they used to in the Wild West. You need to join the staff of TMZ. You are good at misinterpretation, misrepresentation, and all around sh!t-stirring.

_________________________________________

Beer for My Horses Lyrics

Well a man come on the 6 o'clock news
Said somebody's been shot, somebody's been abused
Somebody blew up a building
Somebody stole a car
Somebody got away
Somebody didn't get too far yeah
They didn't get too far

Grandpappy told my pappy, back in my day, son
A man had to answer for the wicked that he done
Take all the rope in Texas
Find a tall oak tree, round up all of them bad boys
Hang them high in the street for all the people to see that

(Chorus)
Justice is the one thing you should always find
You got to saddle up your boys
You got to draw a hard line
When the gun smoke settles we'll sing a victory tune
We'll all meet back at the local saloon
We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces
Singing whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

We got too many gangsters doing dirty deeds
We've got too much corruption, too much crime in the streets
It's time the long arm of the law put a few more in the ground
Send 'em all to their maker and he'll settle 'em down
You can bet he'll set 'em down 'cause

hahahaha!

Toby Keith has always been an ignorant a**! He jumped right up on the Bush Bandwagon, dissing anyone (if not flat out threatening them) who disagreed with Bush's actions and policies. As far as he is concerned it's 'his' America and no one elses. Just another example of a blind follower, partying up because that's 'his team' mentality. He is a fine example of the arrogant bully mentality so many from 'his team' have. Time to send him and those like him to pasture.

Mariah

Putting a boot in the a$$ of anyone who bombs the crap out of our country is the least we can do. God Bless America and God bless Toby Keith's support of our brave men and women. What is wrong with America today? We've been pu$$ified by Obama, Pelosi, J-No and their ilk and fellow apologists. This is going to be such a long 3 years and 2 months...

Firehawk

OMG were you offended??

Get over it. I never took you all for a bunch of sissy's but I guess I was wrong.

Crying "offensive" is getting f'in old.. Everyone's offended about this or that and I am tired of hearing it (I am looking at you Muslim trash).

Patrick M.

america and race

jupiter

And I take it you think the movie White Men Can't Jump isn't racist...
Oh that's right, only white people can be racist, my bad.

Jon King

Toby Keith is a moron, but I didn't think he was doing anything there but trying to look cool when he is pretty much a big, fat, dumb dude.

Alison

OMG, I LOVE THAT SONG!! HE AND WILLIE NELSON ROCKED IT!

JoJo

Big Friggin deal! Looks like he scratched his eye whoopie!

katiemae

Toby is just a fatty good ol' boy with tunnel vision and little intelligence. He's narrow minded and probably a Glen beck fan too..in other words, AN IDIOT.

SebastianCanada

Keith is trailer trash and a liability to country music. These country boys always ride around on being old-fashioned, which one assumes would include being gentlemen. However, the bone-heads always wear their hats inside, never even tipping them to a lady. Yeah, we know most of ém are bald a cue balls, but they could still at least tug on their hat brims.

Mike Tyson

Let's let those crazy little racist bastards kanye w. & flava flav in on the freakin party!! Know what I'm sayin ? Sup ?

stanley roper

It is offensive. Those that are saying it's not are probably bunch of ignorant rednecks themselves. The world knows you people love to stick to your own community, totally segregating yourselves from the beauty of the world in general.

It's funny how when black comedians talk about white people and all of sudden white people get offended. HEY GUYS, REMEMBER, GET OVER IT, STOP BEING PC LOL

Also, Toby, stop singing about how America is going to "kick your ass" when you never been in the military or any wars. P.S. I'm a retired military vet who has had access to everybody's records. No Toby Keith in the military. Sorry.

Mariah

(CBS) Country singer Toby Keith has never backed off from a good fight and after 9/11 he had his fighting words ready.

In the fiercely patriot song, "Courtesy of the Red White and Blue" he tells all terrorist foes of America that "we'll stick a boot in your ass." It received a lot of criticism.

"Instead of people just saying, 'Hey, I don't like that song,' all of a sudden they call you names. 'You're a redneck, you're a right-winger, you're automatically a Republican. You're automatically all these things," he told CBS News correspondent Cynthia Bowers.

For the most part, the 6-foot-4-inch Keith sings about women and drinking and has sold upwards of 25 million albums. He also owns a growing chain of restaurants and this past week released his first movie, which is about a fading country singer. First and foremost, Keith considered himself a songwriter.

"God's gift to me was to be a writer," he said. "And that's what I do best of all. And I'm as gifted at that — as anybody."
Keith grew up in Oklahoma and played football in high school and had a short stint as a semiprofessional player. He worked in the Oklahoma oil fields until the jobs there dried up and all the while he struggled to make it in country music.

His first record "Should've Been a Cowboy" was released in 1993 went to number one on the country charts. But the song that made Toby Keith a superstar was his emotional "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue." Keith says he wrote that song in 20 minutes, just days after the attacks — partly as a tribute to his father, who was a veteran. It's subtitled "The Angry American," and it doesn't mince words.

The song brought him a great deal of attention and he had a full-out feud with Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks, who called it "ignorant."

But Keith rode the song-and the controversy-all the way to bank and once again he had a number one hit. He followed that with "American Soldier," which has become a favorite of U.S. forces overseas, many of whom have gotten to know Keith. He spends a couple of weeks a year visiting them in USO shows.

"I just get to shake — pump their fists and thank 'em for — for what they're doing," he said. His connection to the military is evident in the fans who came to see him just a few days ago in West Palm Beach, Florida.

"I wanna thank the boys and girls proud enough and brave enough to wear our country's uniform wherever they are in the world tonight," he said at the show. But even Keith is having problems with the war in Iraq, but maintains that he is 100 percent behind the troops.

"When the Iraq war started, I was a little mad because we didn't finish what we started in Afghanistan," he said. "Our troops had to move on into Iraq. Our government asked them to go do it for whatever reason. We won't know for probably 20 or 30 years whether it was the right thing to do or not."

Although Keith has supported President George W. Bush, he says he is not a conservative.

"It's amazing how many Republicans call me for support. And then they go, 'You're a Republican right?' And you go, 'Well I'm actually a lifetime Democrat,'" he said. "And then they go, 'Oh, sorry.' And the Democrats want so bad — the real liberals really want to hate me. And then they go, 'I still hate you, but I can't believe you're a Democrat.' So I'm not a real political guy. I'm a very patriotic guy."

Keith says he trusts one person's instincts: his own. He runs his own record label now. And despite all the "drinkin' and cheatin'" songs, he's been married for 22 years, and has three kids. His latest album is called "White Trash with Money," inspired by an experience of his daughter's.

"Some sorority chick called my daughter a — said she shouldn't be in the sorority cause she's just white trash with money," Keith said. "And she laughed. And my wife was all upset. But I thought it was a great album title."

It's another example of the fight-back spirit he's carried through his life. Ask him about 9/11, and he's just as angry as he was when he wrote his most famous song almost five years ago. And part of that patriotism is the fighting spirit he's carried through his life. He's just as angry about 9/11 today as he was when he wrote his most famous song five years ago.

"We're at war with the terrorists," he said. "And that if we don't try to do something about it, then it's gonna keep happening here until some of our freedoms are lost." He ends every concert these days with his songs dedicated to the troops and 9/11: "American Soldier" and "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue."

"If you believe in it enough, it's worth fightin' for," he said. "And if you're not gonna fight for it, then you deserve to be dictated to, you know — and I'm not will