UNICO Rips Remaining 'Jersey Shore' Sponsors

12/14/2009 2:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"Jersey Shore" already lost one pizza-making sponsor -- but now the largest Italian American group in the country is chewing out another dough factory for continuing to support the "Italian-bashing" reality show.

UNICO Rips Remaining 'Jersey Shore' Sponsors

UNICO has fired off another demand letter to the companies who continue to support the MTV show, tearing several sponsors -- including Papa John's Pizza, Nivea, LG Electronics and Burger King -- for supporting "such a discriminatory, insulting and Italian-bashing program."

UNICO president Andre DiMino added, "I am urging our supporters to call these sponsors and demand they pull their advertising from Jersey Shore."

As TMZ first reported, Domino's Pizza and an insurance group pulled out after the debut episode of the show. UNICO tells us MTV has since refrained from using the terms "guido" and "guidette" in promo clips and on their web site.

Anon

But..but...the show is hilarious!. I don't think any less of the Italians, it is just intriguing to watch people burn and crash on national T.V.

Other's misery is my gain?.

lol

Ya I think they were lynched because I heard my grandfather call them "dago's" I didn't even know there was a racist name calling for Italians...My grandfather is an uncaring simple minded selfish person though.

deke

get a life. these guidos are not the least bit offended. it's a paycheck and they are proud to be the hated douchebags they are...

!

Where we're these hypocrites when A&E gave a show to Victoria Gotti and her 3 spoiled brats?
Being the daughter of a murdering mafia crime boss plus her brother and ex husband we're also in the mafia now that shows a real Italian family I guess.
We're they scared to getting whacked?

auroramom

Well by the racist, anti-Italian sentiments being freely posted here, it is obvious why UNICO is still needed, and really sad that the Italian-Americans on the stupid show were not informed of all of the prejudice their ancestors had to endure to start a new life in this country.

kim

BAN DOMINOS!!!!! HOW RACIST CAN THEY BE!! JUST BECAUSE THEY DONT LIKE THE WAY THESE PARTICULAR ITALIANS ACT SO WHAT. THEY ARE KIDS AND THEY ARE ITALIAN - GET OVER IT! JUST LIKE THE DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES SHOWS ARENT HOW ALL WOMEN WHO LIVE IN THOSE AREAS ACT. WE ARENT STUPID WE KNOW THEY ARE REALITY SHOWS.
DOMINOS IS RACIST AGAINST JERSEY SHORE ITALIANS!!!!!

kim

El Bobbo makes a great point. No one cried foul when the Sopranos showed Italians as mobsters. Thats because we knew it was a show and not all Jersey Italians are mobsters or guidos. duh! Jersey Shore is a show and the kids are Italian like it or not. Unico & Dominos need to get a life!

Mike S

UNICO needs to stop making threats. They are behaving worst than a Mafioso. UNICO sounds like, “Hey, stop sponsoring Jersey Shore or you will be sleeping with the fishes.”
If it wasn’t for UNICO nobody would have know what Jersey Shore is all about and it would probably would had been canceled. I know I didn’t know anything about it until UNICO raised a fuzz. Now thanks to UNICO, Jersey Shore is actually helping MTV’s ratings as people tune in to see what the show is all about.

Interracial facial

This show is hate speech that would have never been green lighted if it had negatively portrayed Jews, Blacks or Gays. And it seems that given all the vitriol here attacking victims, that TMZ supports hate.

Interracial facial

#34 Just Saying

For the US more Italian-Americans fought and died than any other ethnic group in WW2. And Mussolini was hanged thereafter. There goes your racist war monger rant. But now while we're at it, let's talk about the Neocon men inside jobbers who did 9/11.

jenjenrn

Have to laugh. The guy that calls himself situation is a joke. The only reason people gasp when he takes his shirt off is because his face looks like puke. Just look at the picture of all of them, he looks like he playing the dad to all of them. I am sure they are saying, who brought dad to the shore. Is he buying the beer? He's got a situation alright, he looks like his 59 years old.

Shamo

You know, I never watched this show until hearing about the advertisers pulling out. While it's not a great show by any means, it's certainly no worse than anything else you can find on MTV. I didn't find anything particularly offensive about it in the episode I caught, but it's basically about young people living together and hooking up.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3