« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Elin Nordegren -- From Tiger to Puma?

12/16/2009 1:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

While Tiger Woods is losing sponsors left and right, TMZ has learned his wife, Elin Nordegren, is "very close" to signing a deal of her own ... and the company happens to be Nike's archenemy -- Puma.

0921-media-removed-michael-jackson

An official from Puma -- the athletic wear company -- has confirmed they are in "internal discussions" to sign Elin as a spokesperson for a new Swedish-inspired clothing line called Tretorn.

The rep tells us Puma is after Elin because they feel she's "a good brand fit."

We could not reach Elin for comment.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

whatsupdoc

Can't you see it now?--- Elin in a commercial lacing up some shoes with Nancy Sinatra's song in the background: "You keep saying you've got something for me, something called love, but confess---You've been messin' where you shouldn't been a messin'......You keep playin'where you shouldn't be playin' and you keep thinkin' that you'll never get burnt.....These boots are gonna walk all over you.

Caroline

Tretorn is not a "new Swedish clothing line". It´s been around for as long as I cam remember. Look at www.tretorn.com for more info.

Mike

Did you see the photos of Elin with her daughter Sam, earlier today? She is a very slim, attractive young woman; beautiful face, the body of a model. She will do well. Elin probably needs to do this now, divorce and secure her financial security, develop into her own person. I wish her well. She's making smart decisions.

who dat

"20. look, burn Tiger as you may but the guy was just following his natural instincts. Man, by his very nature, is programmed to spread his seed far and wide; find as many mates as possible to ensure the propagation of his species."

Thank you neanderthal man. Since then there has been a wonderful invention known as Divorce.

As far of Puma, this is a brilliant move. There is now most likely a 50% market that sympathizes with Elin. Plus the shoes aren't bad, used to own a pair. The brand fell out of the hipness factor. This could be exactly what Puma needs.

AZ

LOL! Love it #57. You should get into advertising.

Tiffany

Score one for Puma! You guys bashing Elin for being a good wife and mother is really wrong. She is the victim here. Elin will be a great spokesperson for Puma amd it's a brilliant move! She is also a thousand times better looking than Tiger's other skanks.

So, JUST DO IT Elin! F**K NIKE!!!

Hahahahah!!

Rent A Yenta

Perfect! We've been telling Elin to RUN! Now she can…in her new Puma Tretorns. If nothing else, it will send a message to Phil Knight that this is more than "a blip". Hey, Phil…go follow Tiger's balls into a water hazard.

Why

ummm... why? what has she done that qualifies her for an endorsement deal? "my husband cheated on me, so buy these sneakers." *blank stare*

Why

umm... why? what has she done that qualifies her to endorse sportwear. "my husband cheated on me, so buy these sneakers."

*blank stare*

FAIL!

Lady Golfer

Brilliant marketing, Puma AND 10/10 for Elin.

Tiffany

Woods better watch out.

A puma is faster than a tiger.

Lady Golfer

For those who don't understand marketing, Tiger is no longer Mr Squeeky Clean, which is why some sponsors are uncoupling their brands from him, whilst Elin IS Mrs Innocent, Squeeky Clean, and she even LOOKS the image, so for Puma to associate themselves with her is sheer brilliance.

me

Good on ya Elin & Puma! That's about the most clever marketing decision I've ever seen in my life!

Michael R

Take the money from Tiger and Puma and RUN. Run Elin Run. Run as fast as you can.

oh yeah

I am an average looking black woman and the mere thought of making love to tiger makes my skin crawl. Yes America elin fell in love with tiger because of his charms personality and good looks nothing else. Give me a break. Take what you get elin everything comes with a price. It’s just very sad that you included two kids in your plan to get rich quick. That was very selfish of you. There is a woman out there for everyone and I know and America knows that you’re not the one for tiger. I have spoken to asian women and I’ve been told that they don’t find him attractive. You married him for the money elin. Now you’ve got exactly what you wanted. even a shoe deal too. white women