Melanie Griffith:

Bruise was from Cancer Surgery

12/17/2009 6:54 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

There's a scary explanation for the bruise that appeared this week under Melanie Griffith's right eye -- the actress claims it was the result of a surgical procedure to remove early stages of skin cancer from her face.

0910_media_removed_H#D2D7F0
But there's good news: Melanie's rep said the procedure was performed in time to prevent any further complications.

Cindy

Her real problem is that she is a smoker. She has the classic breakdown of collagen in her skin. Leaves droopy, folded skin.

KELC

Get well soon Melanie :)

trish

You know my sister works for a Dermatologist and does alot of those surgeries herself..I asked her if that kind of surgery would leave you bruised that way and she said NO WAY.....So maybe her daughter done slapped her for being a horrible role model. Hey Antonio..You can come my way baby..no need to put up with her spending your $$$ cause she afraid to get old..GOD build a bridge and get over it already Melanie..it is gonna happen if you like it or not and you ain't workin that much , if any, to worry about it !!!!! I love your husband and YOU hurting him this way pisses me OFF !!!!

Hmmmmmm

I hope all is well with her....sorry if I'm wrong....shame on her IF she's lying....BUT....I got "one of those" black eyes when I got Botox...sticking a needle around your eye area is NOT a normal thing to do and your body WILL react in a way like that...it's an "injury" and "injury's" do have a likelyhood of turning black and blue.

mia

When I had moles removed from my face my doctor first injected me with anesthetic in the various places where he would be using his cautery tool to remove the moles. The injections caused brusing.

And yes, some people get Botox injections in the under eye area. I do. And some people bruise from Botox injections.

mia

By the way, it's pretty hilarious how those of you who have never had procedures done to your face or never experienced bruising are completely ignoring the posts from those of us who have.

What!

So.... What's her excuse for the rest of her face. She should hire a new plastic doc! She looks scaaarrrrry!

Lori

Hope Melanie Griffith is OK. A really good remedy for black eyes and bruises is a product called Bruise-Stick, which contains Arnica montana and Bromelain.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4