Jon Gosselin -- Backed Into a Corner

12/18/2009 1:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jon Gosselin is in immediate financial trouble now that his divorce from Kate Gosselin is final ... because he got nailed with huge child support payments and has no real way of paying ... sources tell TMZ.

0910_media_removed_Lindsay_Lohan2
We've learned under the arbitrator's award, Jon must make huge child support payments -- we're told 5 figures a month. And here's the problem. TLC has now shut down Jon's ability to take outside jobs. The irony -- he did himself in.

We've also learned Jon was charged every penny of the $235,000 that he withdrew from their joint account. That amount was deducted from his piece of the settlement.

As for Jon's claim that Kate should be docked for money she withdrew ... we've learned Jon struck out. The arbitrator determined every penny she withdrew was for the benefit of the kids.

Under the terms of the divorce decree, Kate has primary custody and Jon gets visitation -- both Jon and Kate agreed to that in advance. And, they agreed, neither party would get spousal support.

Score a big one for Mark Momjian, Kate's lawyer.

reteach

I have totally changed my mind about Kate. I now see why she had to talk to Jon the way she did--he was just another child. Glad she gets the kids and the goodies. Congratulations Kate!

luv my TMZ

See I told you so...Jon will be in jail before to long for failure to pay child support...

I Hate PUGMUM

Oh I'll bet the guys will be lining up to date this hot mess. Leave your balls at the end of the driveway boys.

Reality

You reap what you sow. LMFAO

Scroomy

He's screwed!!!

hb

this guy should of known, no court is kind to men. they don't call it vaginalmonie for nothing! as a man, you are alway's paying for it someway or somehow. i like to call it the installment plan. you never get done paying for hitting that tail. but this jerk sound's like he deserved it. she probably was a betty. but he had to of known the court's were not gonna be his friend. that's why they call it friend of the cu nt!!(court)

stella2010

WOW!I have just 1 child to support but 8 children ..Jon knew how Kate was before the 6 children came along..Jon should have said,"NO", the 2 they already had was enough..You play You pay..

Peri

I call this TOOL Karma!!

shane

Why should the lawyer be congratulated ? In most states child support is non negotiable. So what was the real win? He clearly violated a court order by withdrawing the money so that was easy too. The real winner is John for not having to pay spousal support.

stella2010

OMG! Steve you better be snip when u reunite with kate..Please don't pop out any children you play you will pay..

doctorme

Child support payments are based on the income of the parents... so if Jon has no income, the payments would be reduced. It would be unrealistic for the judge to assume that Jon's income would continue at its past level... as the TV show is kaput. Based on Jon's education (high school diploma) and work prospects (zero), I can't see a 5 figure monthly payment sticking. Jon will be lucky if he earns that amount.

Story doesn't ring true, sorry TMZ.

Tricia

First of all, to all of you that say Kate is a b****, she's not, & maybe she wouldn't have griped at Jon so much if he wasn't always in his own world & not helping! If you watch the show, it shows she did everything, Jon looks like a pothead not helping. You try having 8 kids that are that young & tell me if you would be stressed out! I have 3 young children & I love them w/my whole life, but it is very stressful. So shut your ignorant mouths! I'm so happy he got slapped w/that! Maybe next time he won't bite the hand that feeds him or burn those bridges. He's the biggest tool.

Do not wanna reveal

He took $235,000? I thought he only took the two hundred and thirty thousand? I guess he took a lot more. Boy, If he hadn't spent the money he wouldn't be in this position. Now he can't can't pay child support and he to pay back the thousands he took from the joint account. Boy, he is something else... I wonder what will happen if he can't pay it? he'll probably be hauled off to jail until he can pay it.

And your little dog too...

Where are all the people that were saying John didn't take the money? How can you support this jackass for one more second?

Mark

And the reality show was not paying them peanuts for the work they did. The show made millions and didn't pay the family only like 12500 a shooting. What a racket.