Brittany Murphy

Dies

12/20/2009 3:37 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1220_britney_murphy_ex_getty_94463366-1Brittany Murphy died early this morning after she went into full cardiac arrest and could not be revived, multiple sources tell TMZ.

She was 32.

A 911 call was made at 8:00 AM from a home in Los Angeles that is listed as belonging to her husband, Simon Monjack, the Los Angeles City Fire Department tells TMZ.

We're told Murphy was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center where she was pronounced dead on arrival. Her time of death was listed as 10:04 AM.

Murphy starred in such films as "Clueless," "8 Mile," and "Don't Say a Word." Murphy was reportedly fired from last film, "The Caller," after reports she was problematic on set.

UPDATE 3:11 PM ET -- Sources tell TMZ Brittany Murphy's mom discovered her unconscious in the shower. We're told when paramedics arrived, they quickly determined Murphy was in full cardiac arrest and immediately administered CPR. They continued CPR in route to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center -- several miles away -- and Murphy was unresponsive. She was pronounced dead at the hospital.

We're told the LA County Coroner's is picking up Murphy's body from Cedars later today and will launch a death investigation.

UPDATE 4:00 PM ET -- We're also told the LAPD has launched a death investigation.

UPDATE 4:07 PM ET -- A rep for Murphy tells TMZ, "In this time of sadness, the family thanks you for your love and support. It is their wish that you respect their privacy."

UPDATE 5:21 PM ET -- Two LAPD officers were just spotted going into Murphy's home.

UPDATE 5:34 PM ET -- A neighbor of Brittany's tells TMZ she saw Brittany getting taken out on a stretcher with paramedics performing CPR. The neighbor said Brittany "looked dead."

UPDATE 10:00 PM ET -- Through Brittany's rep, the family released a statement: "The sudden loss of our beloved Brittany is a terrible tragedy. She was our daughter, our wife, our love and a shining star. We ask you to respect our privacy at this time."

Remembering Brittany Murphy

alreadybad

This is sad news. My thoughts are with the family through such a tragic loss. Ms. Murphy was a gifted actress who should have been given the opportunity to make more films in her lifetime.

Jenny

71. That's really sad. Rachel Zoe this is all your fault, you total utter... Sally

++++++++++

Sally, why is Rachel Zoe part of this? Just askin'

marilyn

OMG cardiac arrest at 32 :O woww too bad she was too young

r00t4rd3d

I wonder what drug it was. 30 year old women dont have heart attacks.

Kris

This is terrible !! Thought she was very funny and sweet. Sorry to say that I have suspected an eating disorder and/or drug use lately. I hope I´m wrong. R.I.P and god bless her and the family.

Makenna

I remember when she married her husband some of the blogs were saying he was a really bad person for her to be involved with.

hillboro

I always hoped at some point i would get to see her vagina. probably not going to happen now though :(

L

Wow, I just can't believe it. I am still in shock about this and very upset! I hope this report turns out to be inaccurate...

Kikz

hahahaha one less piece of worthless trash gone!

Anonymous Bitch

I call suicide.

Leticia

IS THIS FOR REAL??? WOW.. I CAN'T BELIEVE!!

emily

everybody is dying this year..wtf????

John Smith

goodnight sweet prince

Laura

sad,we know not when our time is. please accept jesus as your lord and personal savouur please be prepared for death. we all have an appointment with it.

Michelle

There isn't a single other news source with this story either you guys got a HUGE jump or it's a hoax, waiting for conformation, maybe it was her husband, not her, wasn't HE just treated for heart issues? Something fishy if it's really her. I hope it's not.