Brittany Murphy's Husband Doesn't Want Autopsy

12/20/2009 7:47 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Brittany Murphy's husband, Simon Monjack, told hospital staff at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center he did not want an autopsy performed on his deceased wife, multiple sources tell TMZ.

Simon Monjack, Brittany Murphy

We're told, however, despite Monjack's wishes, the L.A. County Coroner's office will perform an autopsy on Murphy. As we first reported, Murphy went into cardiac arrest this morning and could not be revived.

TMZ has also learned Brittany Murphy's mother, who found Murphy unconscious in the shower and called 911, told paramedics her daughter had a history of diabetes. We have not been able to confirm if Murphy did indeed have diabetes, and if so, whether it contributed to her death.

UPDATE 8:00 PM ET
-- Ed Winter from the L.A. County Coroner's Office tells TMZ foul play is not suspected at this time. Some prescriptions were found in the house, but he wouldn't say what kind, and they will be examined as well. Toxicology tests will be performed, which could take up to six weeks.

malvolio

...yeah...thought so...leave the grieving man alone, my ass...so stricken he tells multiple sources no autopsy...yes that's the actions of a broken man, a broken man with something to hide...so, it's drugs, he's the dealer, but her obvious eating disorder probably played a hand...good call, brandon...

kat

Could not act her way out of a paper bag? She may not have been Meryl Streep, but she's done some really good work in her time. This movie site I go to posted a bunch of her movies in her memory today and if you'd look over a few of those, I think you'd see she was pretty versatile. They posted them without whatever thing they usually post movies with so you don't have to fill out a survey to watch them. The site is here http://crashsmoviemadness.blogspot.com/2009/12/rest-in-peace-brittany.html. Sure there are the typical airhead movies like Just Married, but she was great in Sin City and 8 Mile. I hate people that see one movie by someone and judge their whole career on that.

tacky66

first of all how could she marry this fat pig?
so he doesn't want an autopsy, the law should take him in for questioning asap.

republican mensa

How dare you judge....the jewish religion, if it is their way of life and so be it, it isn't weird not to have an autopsy, and harvey levin should know he's jewish. These people are greiving the rest of you hate mongrols putting down the jewish faith should really look at your own.....if you have any at all

JANET

A "history of Diabetes" ?????? WTF? You either have it or you don't.

GypsyLaura

These comments are harsh and horrible. She died. He loved her. Period.
If drugs were involved, it is sad but the reality of it is hollywood and drugs go hand in hand.
As for all of the "Fat" comments. I am considered "Fat" and I am smart and far from gross.
I always say be careful of what you say because it will come back in a Karma way.

LisaJ

So....he doesn't want to know how his 32 year old seemingly healthy wife DIED?? Okaaaaay. I guess that means he already "knows" how.

mrejr8234

Hey everyone saying "What were you pushing on her?!" or blaming him for her death remember if her death was drug related that she was an adult who could have said no at any time. I know it is cool to blame every one else for your problems nowadays but I am trying to make personal responsibility back in to style. If she overdosed it was HER fault.

Erika

If this doesn't have guilty written all over it, I dunno what does. Who wouldn't want their 32 year old deceased loved-one examined to know what happened. Almost as suspicious as her not wanting him to go to the hospital when he had that little episode on the plane a while back...

Bex

Giggling stupidly in every movie you appear in does not an actress make....

cosmo in texas

The Jewish belief in the inviolability of the human body is reflect­ed in its attitude to postmortem examinations. The Talmud (San­hedrin 47a) asserts that the biblical imperative of speedy burial (Deuteronomy 21:22-23) is based upon the prohibition of disgrac­ing a corpse. The scope of this prohibition extends beyond delayed burial. Scripture proscribes the inflicting of any form of disgrace upon a corpse. In general, this includes the disfigurement of the body as a result of postmortem dissection (autopsy).

memeeye

Watch her last interview, she said " Can I have your hair in my next life" This was December 1, 2009, I think her last ever interview and appearance.

memeeye@gmail.com

Amber Berglund

#143 - Janet,

When you are dead, you are just meat. Your spirit is gone from your body. I don't know if you've ever seen the corpse of someone you knew in the flesh, but, once you're gone, you're gone.

What do you think they do to you at the mortuary? They either drain your blood and pump you full of preservatives or they cremate you and then grind up your bones.

I don't care if he is Jewish. Brittany Murphy was a Christian. These rules don't apply to her...and I seriously doubt that Monjack was Orthodox.

The fact that he doesn't want an autopsy is SHADY.
Shady. Shady. Shady.

If he is her sole-beneficary, if she had a life insurance policy...shadiness in Shady Town. Shady and suspect.

I think he has something to hide.

mrejr8234

....

skippyqsb

Unless she was under a doctor's care, and had a serious/terminal illness, I don't think he has a choice but to allow it to be done. If enough suspicion is raised (and he just did) it will even trump religion.
Have to admit, wasn't sure or cared who she was, till I saw the above picture. I remember seeing the video and pics of the two of them over the last few months. Him always in his "wife beaters" and looking like he's about to rip her head off, and her clinging to him and rubbing his arm, like an abused wife does. I remember getting the chills the first time I saw them together. It wasn't right.
I hope there's a hardcore investigation into her death.