Brittany Murphy's Body Transferred to Cemetery

12/23/2009 6:16 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Brittany Murphy'TMZ has learned Brittany Murphy's body has arrived at Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Hollywood Hills -- where she is set to be buried in the very near future.

Murphy will be in good company -- Liberace, Freddie Prinze Sr., Buster Keaton, John Ritter and Gene Autry are among Forest Lawn's permanent residents.

As TMZ first reported, Murphy died Sunday morning after she collapsed in the bathroom of her Hollywood Hills home.

Remembering Brittany Murphy

ladybumfluff

what about her hands? are they still attached??

isthisamerica?

what, a celebrity buried within days of death? thats odd for hollywood. good for her to rest quickly.

squigs

MJ is NOT buried where she will be. He is at Forest Lawn in Glendale and Brittany will be at their Hollywood Hills location.

Liz

What a bunch of basket-weaving nutbags. Do you REALLY think they took her head, hands, feet, you drooling, jibbering fools??

bronco

I read on a very popular blog that yes, the hands were removed. But were later reattached as no sign of struggle was found.

Cheryl Shuman

Brittany Murphy will be laid to rest tomorrow on Christmas Eve. I hope you'll join me in prayers for her restful peace in eternity. God bless us all. Let's make sure that we share our love, appreciation and respect for all of our loved ones. Life is precious.

Cheryl Shuman
Beverly Hills, California

frankie

Chilling Brittany Murphy Headline Movie Art Poster

VA

Note*** to my prior comment...those that are functional addicts.

Anonymous

Why aren't they transferring her head as well?

troyallen

I had to read it 5 times about head. What are your talking about head? The body includes the head...wow

John

Is it just me or does this whole thing sound rather suspect? First the hubby did not want the autopsy, then he wants to bury the body less than a week after her passing. And wait Christmas eve? Who has a funeral on Christmas eve?? I am sorry but something about this does not pass the smell test

troyallen

Jews have burials the next day or 2 and they don't celebrate Christmas.

markko

I wonder how many stitches were used to sew her body closed after the autopsy.

bronco

this is really a big HEADline story, isn't it?

Lilarose

Nothing is spookier or more creepy than a marbled mausoleum. I don't know why anyone would want to be stuffed into a drawer or down into a cold stone box and than be shoved into the wall or have a slab of stone put across their faces.

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. That is what nature intended. A beautiful forested grove with sunbeams shining through the trees or a springtime rain falling over wildflowers is my idea of a grave, but I will be cremated and scattered in the surf here on the south Oregon coast along with other family members already there and some of my pets.

No stone slabs for me! Yuck!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments