Be the Ball Danny...

12/24/2009 2:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael O'Keefe was spotted out at a premiere party looking rugged.

Michael has been a Zen priest since 1996.

O'Keefe is the oldest of seven kids in his family.

COMMENTS

NOONAN

aw, he still looks cute!

coloradocowgirl

I loved him and Robert Duvall in The Great Santini

Me!

You forgot the "He used to be married to singer Bonnie Raitt" info.

Asleep at the wheel?

PolarBear

Whoa. He can only be a Zen priest if he totally appreciates the fact that Zen doesn't expect to rely on priests. Zen is pretty much the opposite direction of standard religions and ritualized behaviors. Totally. Screw the whole concept of priests! There's a good reason you don't see Zen churches dotting the landscape; Zen contradicts phoniness and spiritual fraud. It's not about buildings or Sundays or bibles or gods or intermediaries or legends or myths or donations or politics or families or anything of that matter. "Swing batter!"

John Knox

So, if your definition is correct, Zen is about spiritual arrogance. One thinks that one is enlightened more than others, above the mediocrity of other religious expressions and disengaged from the populace in general. Hmmmmm. As a former Zen "priest" myself, I can tell you that ironically, Zen is just as much about image - perhaps more so - than all the other philosophies it claims to transcend.

Emma J

And let's not forget he was on "Roseanne" for a few years, playing Jackie's lover, then husband. His character was the father of Jackie's child.

HEY I NO HIM

reply to #8.now that u mentioned it..he was jackie's husband on roseanne.i never would have recogonized him.wow. His character was "keith" i think.

jm

He's one of those guys who has been in everything. And he was married to Bonnie Raitt, and he's written music, too. Talented guy.

greg

Looking a little rugged? Looks normal to me, and normal is good.

greg

he made a movie back in the 90's in my little home town in upstate ny called out of the rain with bridget fonda

MK

You forgot to mention that he played Fred on Rosanne.

Iloura

So funny, I loved him in "The Hot Chick" (he played her dad) and I never even knew it was him until my caddyshack obsessed husband told me so :P

lesah5

He was really funny in HOT CHICK. I would love to see him in more tv and movies!

E

What a coincidence. I was thinking the other day about who ever won that Caddy day scholarship?? My wife says that I might need to get a life or a job.

ricochet

More recently: House & The Closer - both excellent roles he did.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments