James Cameron in Major A-Hole Dispute

12/25/2009 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

James Cameron -- the guy who directed "Avatar" -- directed a few choice words at an autograph seeking fan last night -- calling the guy a "f**king a**hole" during an argument over a signature.

It all went down at LAX -- when James walked past a man holding an "Avatar" poster, and refused to sign. The man went back to Cameron and asked again to which James replied, "I don't owe you a f**king signature ... just get out of my f**king personal space."

That's when the fan lost it and replied, "I'm an asshole because I ask someone I admire for their autograph that makes me an a**hole? I make $15-an-hour at work to go see your film and I'm an a**hole?"

Ultimately, James calmly walked away from the situation while the fan continued to yell at him.

But the real question...

Chris

James Cameron has enormous wealth from his Titantic days and now Avatar. He should be grateful and be nice to the people who put him there.........the fans!

scott is yummy.

well that made up my mind pretty quick

I heard avatar was crappy anyways

good job you stupid f uck in jerk.

Joe

I got news for you guys...the dude ain't a fan. He's a professional autograph hound and he makes way more than $15 an hour doing it...he's clearly the a**hole.

KARMA

James.....I got you THE BOOK "How To Win Friends And Influence People" by Dale Carnegie this Christmas! Oh well never mind!

Good Grief It's misstresses.com

test and why arent the messages going through?...sniff!!

Deborah

I would like to hear what this "fan" said before Cameron cussed at him. TMZ "conveniently" cut that part from the clip.

Mike Tyson

At first...I thought I was going to be backing Cameron up...but after watching the video...I gotta say the fan dude was right and has some balls and was right to get in his face and go for it.
Hey...no fans...no money...for these a$$holes ! Good one !

zoe

Wealthy people become wealthy by being ruthless,driven and hard.Not the average man.Is it a gift or a curse? A set up with the fan-maybe.
Stars who become rich and famous,if they are really vulnerable souls,
well they just die young,don't they.The executives,like Cameron(and look at all the "bankers" -scandal-government)etc.Those hard people,
live long and prosper. But in the end,death comes to us all.All become equal.

homer

Common knowledge that James Cameron is THE biggest a**hole in Hollywood. Everyone hates the guy.

George

Don't think I will be seeing his film now...

stonecold

Cameron doesn't have enough money to charter a private jet?

pat

Why did there just "happen" to be a TMZ camera when this "fan" asked for the autograph??????

excretive producer

God, am I glad I never saw Cameron's Titanic or any of his other sh!t and never will.

MEME

Its not like Cameron was surrounded by multiple photogs or being pestered by hoards of fans. He had plenty of time on his side waiting for his ride to show up and it would have taken him 3 seconds to sign the autograph. Not impressed with Cameron's lack of gratitude especially during the Holiday Season. Sad to see this and it will have an effect on my future movie going choices. This will forever be burned into memory.

KARMA

Which came first, the movie or the fan? This fan should go to film school, get rich and earn the right to become the next big a-whole.I'd rather spend $15 on a movie than spend $750M making one, it's easier.