James Cameron in Major A-Hole Dispute

12/25/2009 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

James Cameron -- the guy who directed "Avatar" -- directed a few choice words at an autograph seeking fan last night -- calling the guy a "f**king a**hole" during an argument over a signature.

It all went down at LAX -- when James walked past a man holding an "Avatar" poster, and refused to sign. The man went back to Cameron and asked again to which James replied, "I don't owe you a f**king signature ... just get out of my f**king personal space."

That's when the fan lost it and replied, "I'm an asshole because I ask someone I admire for their autograph that makes me an a**hole? I make $15-an-hour at work to go see your film and I'm an a**hole?"

Ultimately, James calmly walked away from the situation while the fan continued to yell at him.

But the real question...

bambam

I wish i wish, with all my might,
that JAMES A HOLE CAMERON DIES OF
A HEART ATTACK tonight !!!

I LOVE YOU SANTA

Show ya girl some love

I would have never had the nerve to say that to a celebrity. But right on!! Get in that money grabbing celebrity's face and tell him exactly what you think of him!! That was like a clash of the big titan vs. the peon and it was great video.

conebanger

Give me a break. This guy was an autograph hound looking to make some $$ selling it on ebay, and James knows it. Who else would hang out in an airport with an Avatar poster? Not only that, but he has his buddy film everything on his cell phone. Now this idiot will get on Letterman and tell everyone what an a**hole James Cameron is! What a stupid connected world we live in.

msamm99

Agh, he's a jerk. He was walking through the freakin' airport, it would have taken him 2 seconds to sign it, it wasn't like he was eating or had children with him, he was just being a jerk for the sake of being a jerk. The fan actually stepped up to him and I bet that put Cameron in his place. What a jerk. It's not like he was being hounded by autograph seekers. And yes, you do owe the public something, if you expect people to purchase what you put out there and we make you money, then I think that we're your boss. Too bad the American Public can't get together and boycott jerks like this, that would be great to see.

Hussie

Has anyone else read the interview he did for the 12/09 issue of Playboy?...Well, here's a snippet;

"And speaking of his films, Cameron was quite candid when Titanic came up, admitting there was only one reason why he wanted to make that film and it wasn't to get Kate Winslet topless. "I made Titanic because I wanted to dive to a shipwreck, not because I particularly wanted to make the movie...Titanic was about 'f*ck you' money," he said. And on Kate Winslet almost dying while filming: "[On the set of Titanic] we simply let Kate [Winslet] think she was nearly drowning. A little sputtering and coughing does not count in my book, because I have almost drowned several times...Anybody who signs on [with me] is going to be tested."

Cameron's arrogance is reason enough for me to stop supporting him...Especially when he's so RUDE towards the very people who keep him employed...The fans...

Susan

James Cameron has been known for his 'less than kind' personality. This should come as no surprise to those who have experienced his arrogance and rude behavior.

wasn'tme

Are you guys even paying attention? This "fan" just happened to be at the airport with his Avatar poster in his hand and just happened to keep pestering the man after he said no. This was a pap set up or an autograph hound. Professional autograph seekers aren't fans. They simply play off the celebrity to make money. Man, some of you guys are dumb.

hutthehut

james cameron gets paid to make movies.

guy pays to see movie james cameron made.

james cameron fulfilled his end of the deal.

transaction over.

Fred Farkel

Best post ever on TMZ Hussie.

Thank you.

Pi$$ on that a$$hole.

Coolio

Without a doubt, the fan is the a-hole. He is not at your beck and call just because he is in the public eye. Leave the guy alone if he asks you to.

Toby Christensen

For someone that made a preachy, tree-hugging, Captain Planet-esque piece of crappy hippy movie, he sure is a self-important, self-aggrandizing prick.

Avatar LOOKED great but sucked hard. District 9 cost like 2% of the budget but was a much better film.

john b.

Everybody in Hollywood, including ex-wives and girlfriends, know James Cameron is one of the biggest A-holes in history. I hadn;t dropped my $15 yet to go see Avatar. Now I definitely won't. With this guy's karma, Avatar will bomb (only because it has to gross $750 million just to break even!) -- and we'll be done with this egomaniac bum.

erica

It's well within his rights to refuse to sign anything.. I think the fans reaction was based solely on Cameron's response.. Cameron could have difussed the situation right away by telling the fan he doesn't sign autographs but instead he choose the low rode and the fan's only recourse was to let him have it AND BY THE LOOKS OF THE VIEDO IT WAS AN ACADEMY AWARD PERFORMANCE..

Balloon Dude

Cameron was right, every time he kept opening his mouth, it made him feel he made the right decision in denying him. Dude went a little overboard. In conclusion, they are both A-Holes.

Cameron for denying not knowing the dude was a douche. And the fan for carrying on and on.

chris

Even if he did not want to sign due to people selling the autographs, he could have replied like an adult and not a narcisstic $$$hole! He is clearly arrogant and has forgotten that he needs the fans or he will not be able to pay the driver he is waiting on!