James Cameron in Major A-Hole Dispute

12/25/2009 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

James Cameron -- the guy who directed "Avatar" -- directed a few choice words at an autograph seeking fan last night -- calling the guy a "f**king a**hole" during an argument over a signature.

It all went down at LAX -- when James walked past a man holding an "Avatar" poster, and refused to sign. The man went back to Cameron and asked again to which James replied, "I don't owe you a f**king signature ... just get out of my f**king personal space."

That's when the fan lost it and replied, "I'm an asshole because I ask someone I admire for their autograph that makes me an a**hole? I make $15-an-hour at work to go see your film and I'm an a**hole?"

Ultimately, James calmly walked away from the situation while the fan continued to yell at him.

But the real question...

rachael weiss

And thats your NOVEAU Hollywood my friends....NO CLASS!................Hollywood baby here........Born during the studio system of the Old days.........Everyone is so tacky............

Mrs Butters

Sure he's a fan,he wants to get it signed so he can sell it.A typical fan doesn't stake out a celebrity at the airport.

KARMA

May a diseased Elf leave a smelly surprise in his Christmas stocking!

Russell

If somebody doesn't want to give an autograph it's just plain rude to stand there and keep asking and asking. I noticed the video was edited before Cameron lost it. I wonder how long the guy kept bothering him?

Cameron owes the guy a good movie for his $15. Nothing more.

Donna-Marie

I can understand not wanting to be bothered with anything when you're trying to get a plane, but you know, without these fans, there would be no plane for Cameron to get on. He could have just signed it real quick or just said, I'm sorry, but I'm in a rush and leave it at that. If he had time to fight with the guy, he could have signed the poster.

shirleyfeeney

come on....the guy was going to sell it on ebay for HUGE bucks. James Cameron was still a jerk though.

ewamaria

Thank you for this story. I was gonna see Avatar this weekend. Sorry Zoe, I'd love to support you but ultimately there's no way in hell i'm gonna see a film this a$$hole made.

mxracer82

I had to post another comment to praise the fan for standing up to that clown. You know he felt intimidated but still spoke his mind and it got the job done because now cameron will have that day haunt him for the rest of his short life.

raw

News flash!! A real fan does stake out celebrities, hence "fanatic" for fan.

shawna

this was not a typical "fan" it was an autograph hound who would sell it on ebay. Do you think a real fan, not an autograph hound, who was in LAX who just happened to be boarding a flight or getting off one would just happened to have handy an AVATAR poster in the airport?
Come on

scrooge

That Cameron guy has always been a a...hole....I knew him back in the day and he was an a...hole then.Right Linda?

rachael weiss

I already tweeted this one....First....Cameron stated " He was the King of the Hill" when he won for Titanic...He was married at the time and ran off with his co star.....He is one tacky guy........I thought he changed...But as they say ...You " Cant put lipstick on a Pig" Its still a Pig......And thats Hollywood unless you bail and get out of here.......Harvey's show makes me laugh though......He takes nothing seriously.....................And thats the way it is.....................

Bilbo

Boycott!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Movie!!!!!!!!!!!! What's it's name? Not one Dime MOre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Otis

"News flash!! A real fan does stake out celebrities, hence "fanatic" for fan."

Also "fanboy" for fan. That's not a real fan. "Gimme gimme gimme gimme!! I want! I want! I want! I want!"

Oh wait. I forgot. This is TMZ. That's the norm here.

KARMA

May carpal tunnel syndrome seize your right hand!