James Cameron in Major A-Hole Dispute

12/25/2009 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

James Cameron -- the guy who directed "Avatar" -- directed a few choice words at an autograph seeking fan last night -- calling the guy a "f**king a**hole" during an argument over a signature.

It all went down at LAX -- when James walked past a man holding an "Avatar" poster, and refused to sign. The man went back to Cameron and asked again to which James replied, "I don't owe you a f**king signature ... just get out of my f**king personal space."

That's when the fan lost it and replied, "I'm an asshole because I ask someone I admire for their autograph that makes me an a**hole? I make $15-an-hour at work to go see your film and I'm an a**hole?"

Ultimately, James calmly walked away from the situation while the fan continued to yell at him.

But the real question...

tom

I was looking for an excuse to not see his movie. Now I have it. Thanks TMZ!!!

Fred Farkel

Sloane?

Let's say you are right.

The guy was going to sell the momento to the autograph store at the Forum Shoppes, Caesar's Palace, where it will sell (framed) for $250 - $350.

Still the same question???

Um.

Who cares if it is a fan or someone who will make $100??

I mean... think about it.

su.san smith

TMZ - I challenge you to post this on the show tonight.

Take Cameron down....

KARMA

Tonight, after my reindeer have had all the prune juice they can handle, we will hover over your limo for a pit stop!

Jenny

That fan is hilarious! I would have done the same thing! These damn celebrities always forget why they are where they are!. Even if he was going to sell it on ebay, who cares! He should have signed it no ifs ands or buts!...KARMA sucks Cameron...

KARMA

YOU GO GIRL!

Barbwings

I truly believe that whether he is a fan or not, the guy wanting the autograph is a reporter for TMZ and this was a show to get people mad and upset. LEAVE JAMES CAMERON ALONE! He deserves his privacy too. It was obvious that he was traveling with his wife in the airport, standing on the corner, and being harassed by a TMZ reporter!

ray ray

"Wow it's James Cameron. Ive been carrying around this stupid Avatar poster for just occasion. Im such a big fan that I dont know he is known to be the biggest a hole in Hollywood."

Is this "fan" on the TMZ payroll?

Dude

-------Too bad the American Public can't get together and boycott jerks like this, that would be great to see.

Posted at 12:49PM on Dec 24th 2009 by Linda Hamilton-----

Hey, I'm down! I was going to see Avatar in 3-D tommorow but not now. F*** this fool!

Mark

James is a major aszzhole. These people want people to go see there movies, but yet to sign a autograph is just too much for them to do..
These stars are only stars and have money becasuse poor people like us go to the movies and spend our hard earned money. If it was not for us there would be no James the rich , snob actor.

Now that i know what a jerk off this guy is i will never pay money to go see his movies, will not put a penny in his pocket..

KARMA

Fogettabouttitt

raw

I saw Cameron on Kimmel a week ago and he portrayed himself as a gentle man who is dedicated to his work. I guess when the cameras are off we see him for the douche he really is.

Fred Farkel

Among other things... I have a guitar signed by Madonna, a poster of The Green Mile with Tom Hanks and that big black dude's autograph, signed scripts from the Star Trek gang... etc etc.

This stuff ran $100 - $500 and it's fun to have. Plus it's cheap when you figure that I didn't have to stand around and wait for autographs.

KARMA

If it weren't for movies, we'd have to pay attention to our families. Giv em a brake.

RodeoFresh

Hello people, i can't really believe that u are that stupid and don't see this cheap set up - and all this BS comments about Cameron beeing a..hole is written by TMZ staff..
He is really a good director and AVATAR is a great movie!!

And it's Christmas time after all!!))