Wayans Spawn: 'Requiem' Helps Me Just Say No

12/27/2009 2:03 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Move over Nancy Reagan ... because Damon Wayans, Jr. says there's a new way to keep kids off drugs -- just force them to watch his uncle Marlon's nightmare addiction flick "Requiem for a Dream."

Wayans Spawn: 'Requiem' Helps Me Just Say No
Looking and quacking like a Wayans outside of club Wonderland in Hollywood last night, Damon Jr. jokingly said the movie helped him put his crack pipe down for good.

But seriously ... that movie could put a sober person in rehab.

KARMA

Damon, remember when your brother played a drill instructor at a boys prep school? He was a Marine. And remember when the kids put stool softener in his milk, do ya? Awesome. And he pretended not to notice so he could show up the kids? But then he started uncontrolled farting, and the kids had the last laugh. He's funny. What do you do for a living?

KARMA

The movie was "Major Payne" My brother Warren was great in it. That scene was real......real stool softener, real sound. There were no special effects in those days. Lucas was still poopin yellow when this film was made, 1964 I think.

utchic49

LOL he's funny too. Love that family. Why isn't the Wayans Bros still on TV dang it!

hahahaha!

Requiem for a Dream definitely shows the dirty side of drug use from the young users perspective. Nasty stuff, even for the little old lady prescription abuser just trying to lose a couple of pounds.

215girl

I agree with him, that movie shows the nasty side of drugs, every time I think of his arm I want to throw up!

Love the Wayans family, very talented group.

KARMA

Man with the Golden Arm......was good....I Never Promised You A Rose Garden was good.....Scared Straight (TV) was good, It's out there all over the place and it's free.....knowledge that is.

rick

ass 2 ass

oreo

What... no Michael Jackson news? It's been aleast 4 days and no news about him...

Nice Lips

I saw this movie when it came out. I still have nightmares about it and cannot watch it again to this day. It was a powerful, scary, horrible , sobering movie. I totally agree that if kids in school were made to watch it, we would have fewer kids on drugs.
It deserves more credit than it got. There will never be another movie like it that hit directly home to the ugly side of drug abuse to the ninth degree.
It actually made me cry when I watched it. I know and known far too many people that have been taken from my life because of drug abuse.This movie is definately a wake up call. Pure genius.

firebaby

holy crow, damon jr looks like a younger version of shawn! love the wayans family, such a talented bunch...
but yeah, requiem for a dream is an awesome movie-- the soundtrack as well is incredible...

Jennifer

Okay, when that movie came out, oh I don't know, damn near 10 years ago, the first thought that I had was that it should be made part of some scared straight program. Also, I noticed someone said they should put "The Wayans Brothers" back on...are YOU on the junk? That show was terrible!!Utterly terrible!!Though I'll give credit where credit is due, "Requiem" was a great flick, I ve always been a fan of the first 2 "Scary Movie"'s, and of course, campy as it was, "Major Payne" was hilarious. But the show itself...ugh. And yes, I know what they say about opinions....

shuffler

Is it just me, or was the lady with the cleavage the highlight of this vid?

letsshine3

they always said that!boring!!!!!!!so ,if someone are looking for a businness partner ,try meetmillionaire.com,many friends said it't cool,haha

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@2

MightyMad

Ellen Burstyn should have Best Actress for her performance as Jared Leto's junkie mom for that incredible movie - I still cannot believe the Academy actually gave Julia Roberts the award... just ridiculous stupid. Anyway, "Requiem" is definitely a classic.

In other news... Who's that chick in the vid? I definitely with shuffler on this - she's the highlight of the clip!

jack

the dude who introduced this story on the TV Show looked stoned himself. Seriously, check it out

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments