Man in Photo is Not JFK

12/28/2009 2:57 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ received an email from someone who said the photo we posted showing a man appearing to be John F. Kennedy on a yacht with naked women was actually a photo from a 1967 Playboy photo shoot.

We have contacted Playboy and a rep says the photo did indeed run in one of its 1967 issues. We are trying to get a copy and will update as soon as we get the info.

UPDATE: 2:34 PM ET
We've now confirmed the photo was part of a Playboy spread in 1967. The image published in Playboy was published in color.

UPDATE: 1:11 PM ET
A rep from Playboy tells TMZ the photo ran as part of story titled, "Playboy's Charter Yacht Party: How to Have a Ball on the Briny with an Able-Bodies Complement of Ship's Belles." She says the photo was taken on one of the islands that make up the Grenadines (Petit Rameau).

Steve

Its Obama with a pic of Kennedys face pasted over it to cover up the scandal

amy

i knew it! come on TMZ, you re losing your credibiltiy day by day. why would you even publish this ridiculous photo if you were not 100%?! that is so not you guys. no wonder it wasn t on any of the news, cause they knew better. someone blew it harvey, get on it stat!

Jen

Do all of you people telling TMZ "I told you so" feel a little better about yourselves? Hilarous!

Mike S

Man, TMZ if run by morons. It doesn’t take a genius to see that in the photo JFKs head is disproportionally bigger than his body. That’s an obvious overlay.

TMZ needs to stick to the Thirty Mile zone since you guys are no journalists but a bunch rumor mongers.

Mr. Comments

The part of the story I liked the best was:

"The photo was eventually given to a man who owned a car dealership on the East coast."

So the Kennedy's had supposedly given this incriminating photo to some car salesman on the "East Coast"? That should have been your first clue. . .

Interracial facial

Seems the NWO is still busy demythologizing the Kennedys. It wasn't enough to off our best leaders. Now they have to make believe they were no good and evil elite moneymen with no heart know what's best. In a land based on a holocaust of 15 million natives and enslavement of Afros, no conspiracy is a theory. It's all fact. Then and now.

reeblite

it's tiger woods.

Wishing It-Was-Me

Love it! What guy on this planet wouldn't have loved to be on a boat like this back then...or today?

TMZisfullofhate

I suppose given TMZ'a hate attacks against Carrie Prejean, you will come out with a story blaming her for making TMZ look like the two bit, punk journalists you are by running this story.

SoCalGal

TMZ fails again in its morbid pursuit of sleaze.

DoctorSerizawa

If it were a republican, the boat would have been filled with naked prepubescent boys.

zippo

Must be a slow day at TMZ

Yvonne

TMZ, I think someone is trying to ruin you! This must be the worst day in your history.

Just two words: Vicarious embarrassment

reeblite

check out lower earlobes on both pics. not kennedy.

mitchelltara81

I had been overweight for the past five years. I had tried almost everything in the market, right from taking diet pills to enrolling in a gym but nothing really worked. Yes I did lose a few pounds but nothing substantial. It was then that a friend recommended Acai-eez ( HTtP://AcaI-EeZ.cOm ) to me. Acai-eez NEVER auto bills or auto ships like so many other Acai berry companies. I have been using the product for about a month now and have slimmed down considerably. I have actually started to wear all those dresses that I had put off for so long. The product is definitely one of the best weight loss products in the market today. I have already finished two bottles of Acai and am on my third bottle now. Acai-eez NEVER auto bills or auto ships like so many other companies, you simple re-order when you need more! It totally changed my life! Not only did I lose a lot of weight quickly, I have also never felt more energetic and so full of life!