Man in Photo is Not JFK

12/28/2009 2:57 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ received an email from someone who said the photo we posted showing a man appearing to be John F. Kennedy on a yacht with naked women was actually a photo from a 1967 Playboy photo shoot.

We have contacted Playboy and a rep says the photo did indeed run in one of its 1967 issues. We are trying to get a copy and will update as soon as we get the info.

UPDATE: 2:34 PM ET
We've now confirmed the photo was part of a Playboy spread in 1967. The image published in Playboy was published in color.

UPDATE: 1:11 PM ET
A rep from Playboy tells TMZ the photo ran as part of story titled, "Playboy's Charter Yacht Party: How to Have a Ball on the Briny with an Able-Bodies Complement of Ship's Belles." She says the photo was taken on one of the islands that make up the Grenadines (Petit Rameau).

a lipstick Lesbian

2. I have a photo of Thomas Jefferson on the space shuttle with a bunch of tranny hookers and doing lines of coke. How much can I get for it, Harvey?

Posted at 2:04PM on Dec 28th 2009 by james

You are an idiot. The space shuttle wasn't even invented during Thomas Jefferson's lifetime. I looked it up.

Rocksteady

Now tha 300 or 400, that commented like high skool teenagers jumpin to bash and believe tha gossip need to make sure they say a prayer asking for forgiveness bcuz to say such harsh things about a man and it be at first hearing of it...well I'll jus say courts are not important anymore bcuz frankly everyday life is easily far worse than going to jail. Yall jus jump tha broom gunho bashing tha hell outta ppl even when they say alleged which means basically it might NOT be true but majority don't care. These days you're guilty if it hits tha internet. Look at Shane Sparks career in question people damn near crucified him all off one alleged victim, buncha gossip, but it smells like a money hungry case so no real story there for TMZ cuz he aint tha president and they done with it. Now instead of headlining woman goes after Shane Sparks so he keeps a little humility if proven innocent (which won't matter anyway ) they choose to headline it like he's guilty off hand, an in tha dance teaching world all you have is credibility so now he screwed bcuz of a rumor......this some comic book sh*t, One day hero, next day someone "says" you bad and tha world on your butt, times are becoming impossible. JFK dead 60yrs almost still no peace and we wonder why this world in danger we don't love eachother no more and damn sure aint ready for world peace when we can't even let tha dead rest in peace. Is it too late for us, I pray not.

hmmm

I want to see the photo from the Playboy mag still not buying that it's not JFK - The man could have had some fun... I think this is a cover-up! Stupid if you ask me...Why can't JFK have had a wild side? Our most current leaders have...

me

Haha, that was pretty funny. Even the great TMZ goofs once in awhile. You guys really should have checked your facts first.

Echo

So much for all your experts. lol
*Wonders if this is publicity for Playboy* I did renew my subscription...

mike

Hahhahahhahaha...morons!!! Wrong again!!!

Anony Moose

Wow. I actually defended TMZ and their "experts" when the story broke. How much did you guys pony up for this fake pic? I bet it was thousands.

katie lady

Most of these people are dead.. what is the point of resurrecting anything the deceased have no say??? give it a rest...

A.B.

Pretty funny. Again, you were corrected in the comments! Even I with an ordinary photoshop program on my Mac computer could easily compare the images and see that the person on the boat was not JFK - and I could tell you the tan line was not from the fifties.

Anything else you want us to research for you, tmz?

rjinchi

goes to show you what TMZ is - an e-version of the national enquirer. TMZ is the new Faux news.

Char Tierney

stupid is as stupid does, TMZ. Now maybe you'll grow up and stop being a gaggle of breast boys resembling Beavis and Butthead.

Pdbmh

This guy says it well: "TMZ has made a living on being first with
information the mainstream media was not even aware of how to get.
And it's been accurate far more often than not. But this case reveals a "chink" in the armor of the suit of TMZ's success. They got so caught up with the idea that the photo was real, they never stopped to consider that it may not be real. I also wonder how old the TMZer who led this effort were? Old timers who know about the Playboys of the period were quick to question the photo."

ann

I knew it! Now I would love to know what those "photo experts" who said it was him and insulting people who said it wasn't. Haha. PUNKED!

Buster

TMZ is owned again. I guess the speed of the story isn't as important as the accuracy after all.

j

the first thing I said when looking at the pic was that it looked like the autopsy pic of JFK and photoshop,besides the fact the date was impossible for it to be JFk at least alive anyway