Cops Describe Craziness at Sheen House

12/28/2009 7:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

An Aspen cop wrote a sworn statement saying Brooke Mueller told authorities Charlie Sheen had done this to her before -- this according to the officer's affidavit obtained by TMZ. And Mueller told cops Sheen held her down at knifepoint and threatened to have her killed if she told anyone.

Charlie Sheen & Brook Mueller

Officer Rick Magnuson says in the affidavit when he responded to the location, dispatch had told him that the knife Sheen had allegedly threatened Mueller with was a switchblade, "like a pocket knife."

Magnuson says when he arrived he did not notice "any obvious injuries" on Mueller. When Magnuson arrived, Sheen was upstairs and Mueller was in the kitchen.

Magnuson took Sheen into the basement to talk, where Sheen said he had been having marital problems lately and that she "abuses alcohol." Sheen says Mueller began arguing with him at 3:30 AM and the argument escalated when she threatened to divorce him and take the children.

Charlie SheennSheen says the catalyst for the argument was when he "shared a song for his daughter whom he fathered with another woman" which made Mueller jealous.

Sheen says both parties were yelling at each other and they had each slapped the other on the arm during the argument. Sheen denied pushing or striking Mueller. Sheen says at one point he took Mueller's eyeglasses and broke them in front of her.

Sheen denied threatening Mueller with a knife or strangling her. He did acknowledge having a folding knife in his travel bag which was just outside the bedroom. Officer Magnuson went with Sheen to look inside the travel bag and saw a dark colored, locking knife with a 4-inch blade. The blade was locked in the open position.

The affidavit goes on to say another officer interviewed Mueller, who said she and Sheen were arguing in the bedroom and she said she wanted a divorce. She says Sheen became enraged, grabbed her by the upper part of her throat while straddling her on the bed. She says Sheen then pulled out a knife and held it to her throat, saying, "You better be in fear. If you tell anybody, I'll kill you."

Mueller says Sheen added, "Your mother's money means nothing. I have ex-police I can hire who know how to get the job done and they won't leave any trace."

Mueller then says Sheen got off of her after she told him, "You're right. You're right. You're right. I'm sorry. I love you."

Magnuson says he then observed "red marks on the upper part of the front of her neck." Mueller says the marks were made as Sheen held her down on the bed. Mueller says Sheen placed a medium-sized, folding knife, blade exposed, next to her throat while he straddled her on the bed. Mueller says she was in pain and afraid she was going to die while Sheen's hand was on her throat.

Magnuson then placed Sheen under arrest.

gutsygirl

Re: Always Plead the 5th

Was it the truth that set OJ free (for the undeniable murders of his wife and Goldman)?

KARMA

Charlie, I'm sick to death of hearing about your problems. What do you want me to do? I have my own issues to deal with to deal with , like franchising Earth. And forget about praying, I turned on my answering machine eons ago. Fend for yourself for once. Do I look like Martin?

Andie

"…he took Mueller's eyeglasses and broke them in front of her" - WTH??? That is an exhibition of VIOLENCE. What else did he do to her physically while in his rage, no way did he only break her glasses.

And how noble of him to blame her for alcohol abuse when he was doing the same thing, who knows how high his BAC was earlier… thought he was supposedly an alcoholic and shouldn’t drink at all. Oh, and he also blamed her jealousy for their problems… why do stupid guys always try to use that lame excuse to take the heat off their own bad behavior, lol?!

On the 911 call, I thought she sounded like she didn't want to call police but her family was urging her to do so, that she needed to make a record of what had happened. But who really knows right now... except that Charlie-boy had an OPEN locking knife (aka switchblade) with a FOUR-INCH blade (not a lil pocket knife) just laying in his travel bag... who in the heck leaves a big sharp knife open in an overnight bag… who even owns a switchblade?

Bubblebunny

Both of these people are unfit. Take those kids to a safe place. Harve-step up.

Feds Under Suspicion

re: gutsygirl OJ comparison.

So just because OJ got off you believe US citizens should forfeit their 4th and 5th Constitutional rights? That's illogical. Its like comparing apples and oranges. If you ever get in a jam and someone calls the cops on you to try to improperly implicate, be my guest and sing to the cops like a canary. Then be prepared to do the time when they nail your ass to the wall for not asserting the Constitutional rights that the Founding Fathers of this nation fought to secure for us all.

Hilary

After reading the sworn statement by the cop, I am going to boycott "Two and a Half Men." Too bad, because I love the writers and the characters and have been a big fan for a very long time. I don't care what anyone thinks of his wife --that kind of violence is... beyond... wrong. He is an OJ waiting to happen!
TMZ, who can I email at CBS to tell the powers that be that I will no longer be watching?

Feds Under Suspicion

A lesson in civics for anyone interested in exercising their Constitutional rights if they get into a jam like Charlie did.

Aspen cop goes upstairs and finds Charlie as Bimbo Brooke balls her drunken eyes out in the kitchen.

Cop: Mr. Sheen, could you please come downstairs with me. I'd like to have a word with you.

Charlie Sheen: Officer, I am respectfully declining to make any statements at this time. Am I being detained, or am I under arrest?

Cop: No, you aren't, but I'd like you to come downstairs please.

CS: Certainly officer. I'd like to call my attorney if you don't mind.

Cop: There's no need for that right now, do you think you need one (attempt to entrap).

Charlie: I choose to exercise my 5th amendment rights and decline to make any statements at this time.

Cop: Your wife said you have a knife. I'd like to search your belongings Mr. Sheen, if you don't mind.

Charlie: I choose to invoke my 4th amendment right which protects me from unlawful search or seizure.

*******If the cop searches Charlie or his belongings without just cause or a warrant, anything he finds will be inadmissible because Charlie invokes his 4th amendment protections.***********

Based on Brooke's complaint, the cops may seek a warrant to search Charlie's belongings, but if he is not exhibiting any criminal behaviors in their presence or if there are no other witnesses to corroborate Brooke's claims, they couldn't do it without getting a search warrant from a cranky judge on Christmas morning ready to rip open his presents.

Of course, we all now know thanks to TMZ, that Charlie yapped way too much, provided evidence (Brooke's glasses) and even allowed a warrantless search of his belongings. Then the cops nailed him. It just makes his case that much more complicated and he should have exercised his fourth and fifth amendment rights on the scene so his lawyer could better protect him in court.

If a cop stops you for speeding and asks, "Do you know why I stopped you?"

Don't answer because I am drunk or speeding. Reply, "No officer, is there a problem?"

If the cop asks you to get out of the car, do so and quickly lock the door behind you and deny them permission to search the vehicle if they request it. They will be forced to provide just cause to obtain a warrant and this little piece of info just might help some TMZ readers stay out of the pokie someday.

Linda

Sounds like a drunk nite gone bad. Im sure it was alcohal that caused this crazy evening.King alcohal will make people do crazy s***. Reminds me of the movie HANGOVER what a funny movie.

karma

The picture the day after showed a woman that was positively gloating, something battered women don't tend to do. But, a gold digger would. This drunken "mother" of twins sounds like a real loser and would put on a drama act in a minute for money/attention. .13 DRUNK @ 8:34am...on babies' 1st Christmas. LOSER SKANK.

Bubblebunny

Everyone pray for the Estevez family. Please pray for them, even if you are not religious. It's really all we can do.

NOBODY YOU KNOW

WHEN WILL HIS BLOOD LUST BE SATISFIED!!! HOW MANY MORE MUST SUFFER!!! SOMEONE MUST DO SOMETHING TO STOP HIS MADNESS, WHO CAN STOP HIM?, WHO HAS THE BRAVERY, THE GUTS TO STAND UP TO HIM?! HOW LONG MUST WE ENDURE THIS HORROR?

Feds Under Suspicion

Posted at 11:36PM on Dec 28th 2009 by NOBODY YOU KNOW

Are you trying to win a Razzie??? Congratulations, you and Brooke have just been nominated in the same category - Histrionic drama queens of hyper scandal.

you just don't get it

Oh My Goodness !

"pray for the family, that's all we can do"???

I think not. How about us all frantically running around screaming bloody murder. That would be just as useful as praying.

KARMA

May I try this thought one last time please. God created man (meaning man and woman) it counts even if it was through evolution. After that, each an every man and woman on earth had the ability to create life from scratch making them Gods able to make man ( meaning man or woman) in their own image, and therefore would be equal. If we are all Gods, we could worship each other if we wish. It takes two to tango however. No longer needed, God took a powder (don't panic woosies) to another planet. Now, the good part. THE MOST HIGH GOD, Daniel is a different animal, worse than a Tasmanian Devil. I will not open that can of worms again. He's all yours Don Lucas.

Janet

What's new! It's Charlie Sheen!!!! ~ The ONLY time you have to wonder if there's violence is when it's Emilio! Emilio is sane. Charlie needs to get together with Tiger!