Beverly Johnson's Ex Claims He Was a Kept Man

12/30/2009 9:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Beverly JohnsonYou would think a supermodel like Beverly Johnson wouldn't have to hire a boyfriend -- but that's exactly what he claims in a new lawsuit.

According to a lawsuit filed yesterday in California, Mark Burk claims he had an oral agreement with Johnson in which they would essentially act like husband and wife -- and in return Burk would get half of whatever Johnson earned while they were together.

In addition, according to Burk, Johnson agreed to support him "for the rest of his life in the same style and manner that was established" during their relationship. Translation -- Mark wants palimony.

Burk claims they broke up in December 2008 and Johnson hasn't lived up to the deal. He's asking for $5 million in damages.

HasBeens

Real: I can't speak for every other woman, but as for me: I want equal PAY for doing the same job--Yes. However, when I date I want to be treated like a woman, and would have no problem with him opening doors and pulling out chairs for me. If I have children I would like to have the option to be a stay-at-home mom and nurture my children while he supports his family. However, in an economy such as this, I wouldn't have a problem working in order to make ends meet, or to contribute to our family as a whole. Is that too much to ask?

Apparently it was for my soon to be ex husband who expected me to work, take care of the children, and try to better myself by attending school concurrently...and this was before the recession. Also, I could tell that he expected me to take care of him after I got my degree, and that wasn't going to happen. I said I didn't mind contributing, but there is no way in hell that I'm going to support an able-bodied man (and I use that word loosely).

So, I'm sorry Real, and I can't speak for you, but there is something seriously wrong with the moral fiber of the average man these days, and I'm finding that the above-average man is VERY hard to find.

BGL

What a Popcorn Pimp. That is a sad excuse of a man. If I were him I wouldn't have even tried some crap like this. People are going to be jivin' him out everywhere he goes. What a Bitch-assed punk.

me so horny

28. É muito engraçado esta caso!!

Posted at 8:50AM on Dec 30th 2009 by Eduard

sim é muito engraçado Eduard

me so horny

34. Get a job you sorry excuse for a man. There is no d**k in the world worth buying, and Beverly is too fine to have to do so. He's just bitter cuz he got kicked to the curb and now he has K-Fed syndrome and doesn't want to give up the lifestyle he had become accustomed to.

Posted at 9:34AM on Dec 30th 2009 by Find another meal ticket A-hole

I found one and you call her mom!

Kelcar1

Would some of you stop with the FIRST comments. It's childish and IDIOTIC! You're taking up space an intelligent person - like me - could be using to tell IDIOTS like you to STOP IT!

tennis

words can't even explain this -hit. all that comes to mind is LOSER

susieq

Simone, you need to see a shrink. Pathetic

Carolyn A-B

An "oral agreement"? In other words, no one but the plaintiff will insist that such agreement actually exists. He can't prove it, Ms. Johnson has no reason to validate it. Case dismissed.

They say that breaking up is hard to do. This fellow had a year to readjust. Get a job, and leave your ex alone.

???????????????????????

WHAT? WHAT AN IDIOT...AND HE CALLS HIMSELF A MAN, GO GET A JOB YOU USELESS WUSSY.....JUST WHAT WE NEED ANOTHE LEVI JOHNSTON.....I WOULD LAUGH THIS RIGHT OUT OF COURT!

L

Damages? He sounds like he is seriously damaged! I wonder if he took his meds today. It sounds like someone is lying and it isn't her. Get a life man! Sounds like she got rid him just in time. Honey, she doesn't have to pay for a boy toy. There are plenty of fish in the sea.

kimberly

This sounds crazy! I don't believe one word of it. As beautiful as she is, she doesn't have to pay for a man.

horndog

This is tragic. Who are these people again?

???????????????????????

simone need to get a friggin job...the ho's on here every minute of the day...simone give up your welfare check and food stamps and find a job...all know youre stupid, so mcdonalds needs a mopping idiot and that would be you simone!

mia

Another pro golfer WUSS. What's wrong with these golfers?

tom

this sort of "arrangement" happens a lot more than people think. There are a lot of "fake" marriages out there.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments