Diddy to Landlord -- You're Costing Me Millions!

12/30/2009 9:05 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The storefront of the Sean John store in New York City is quite impressive ... or at least it was, according to a new lawsuit -- and now the company that runs Diddy's clothing line is suing the people who allegedly messed it up.

Diddy

According to a lawsuit filed in New York, Diddy's company -- Christian Casey LLC -- leased a portion of a ground floor building on Fifth Avenue in NYC for its flagship clothing store.

Diddy lawyers claim sometime in 2006 the building owners put up sidewalk scaffolding and just left it there -- sending Sean John sales down the toilet -- down nearly 50%.

They claim the scaffolding "substantially obstructed the view of the clothing and furnishings displayed in the ground floor windows."

Team Diddy is suing for $2.5 mil in damages ... minimum. FYI, that's roughly 12,500 bottles of Cristal -- minimum.

Chester the CPA

Sean Jean, You are doing the right thing; if the Landlord is going to interfere with your ability to make $ he should reduce the rent at your store for this much "inconvenience" to you clients.

You should have had ADVANCE NOTICE and a possible reduction in rent.. for your . Don't let these he bes "push" you around, they will try every trick in the book as you are cutting into their business.

Sean Jean is still selling well on the Internet & OVERSEAS; so this 1 store is not the end of your business model.

HIT THEM where it HURTS... their pocketbook. Thats the only thing some of them under$tand...

Marcos

Hey Puke Diddy...I hear ROSS dept. store doesn't have their store front blocked...try that one...cause that is where your junk belongs.

oreo

7. HE IS AS GREEDY AND CORRUPT AS IT GETS!!! THIS IS WHY THE USA SUCKS!!! GREED!

Posted at 7:23PM on Dec 30th 2009 by X

There is greed everywhere idiot!!

Jena

Wow, maybe no one wants to buy his crappy/ expensive sh*t anymore. Scaffolding has nothing to do with it.

dr fred

#1 the scaffold should be removed when it is done being used . for all else " safety reasons"

I cannot imagine any company refusing to remove the scaffold esp.upon request.

#2 you don't think that the poor economy has anything to do with declining sales??

the scaffold needs to be removed but...he is using as an opportunity to fill the GAP in sales due to economy

Jake

If you lie down with a dog, more than likely you will wake up with fleas. I don't know why people do business with the likes of this man.

jillybean

He is such an idiot I hate his commercial with the Frank Sinatra song and am sure Sinatra thinks he is a degenerate too. With all the money he continues to look like an uneducated hood rat. P.Diddy or whatever his name is this year really should read a book because he cannot even speak a full sentence.

koots_bc

maybe it is because you sell crap that nobody really wants....

bebe

I had my owne store before i did not make the money he makes but i don't blame him for suing the owner he is paying rent there. He has bill just like me and you that hafe to get paid the kids need to eat.Diddy go after your money some pople are just jealous becuce they live check to check wish you the best for 2010 Diddy!!

Anthony

high heat area's

Jason B

diddy....joke!

Bruce Davis

I was interviewed twice to be the Store Manager of the Sean John store. Based on my observations I declined the offer for several reasons. The primary reason was the scaffolding because of the enormous effort it would create to generate sales and foot traffic. Second, very little growth potential. Third, store location. Personally, the store would thrive if it had more floor space, had a position further north on Fifth near designer name apparel flagships, and elevated their visual standards. I was not impressed with finding rolling racks on the sales floor, dirty fixtures, poorly merchandised presentations, broken stories, empolyees attire far from fashionable, and lack of energy. Point blank...I did not feel like I was in a flagship-period. I wish them luck.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3