Rush Limbaugh

Hospitalized in Hawaii

12/31/2009 2:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Rush LimbaughUPDATE #3: A rep from the Rush Limbaugh Program released a statement saying, "Rush was admitted to and is resting comfortably in a Honolulu hospital today after suffering chest pains.

Rush appreciates your prayers and well wishes and he will keep you updated via RushLimbaugh.com
."

Rush Limbaugh
has been hospitalized in Hawaii after suffering chest pains -- this according to KITV Hawaii.

According to KITV, paramedics responded to a call at the Kahala Hotel in Honolulu at 2:41 PM and transported Rush to Queens Medical Center.

According to the report, Rush was in "serious condition" when he arrived to the hospital.

Attempts to reach a rep for Limbaugh were unsuccessful.

UPDATE #1: TMZ has confirmed paramedics did respond to the Kahala Hotel at 2:41 to attend to someone with "chest discomfort."

UPDATE: 11:29 PM EST -- Sources inside the hotel tell TMZ the hotel took drastic measures to get the mystery patient -- reported to be Rush Limbaugh -- out of the resort without being seen.

We're told hotel security shut down a wing of the hotel and the guest elevators -- the patient was transported using the employee elevator bank.

More Today in TMZ History

Missy1555

What is wrong with you vicious liberals? When your "hero" Ted Kennedy was sick, no one wished him ill.

Rush is a conservative icon, and is the best voice for restoring our country to the values upon which it was founded. And unless you people want to live in a socialist country, you better pray that he recovers and that we get a new Congress and POTUS ASAP!

We love you, Rush. In the Name of Jesus, we pray for your recovery.

Brandon

Get well soon Rush! All these people wishing for your death are only proving you right!

We love you!

Ironic

God... it's me Shannon... you know how I was mad at you on June 25? Well, if you take this one, it would make me happy again!!!!

Samantha

I have never posted a comment anywhere before; I can't believe TMZ would allow people to express such horrible sentiments. Unfortunately, I DO believe that there are many ignorant, hateful, prejudiced people, as evidenced by some of the posted messages and the lack of compassion for someone would could be seriously ill.

Jennifer

Yes, we don't like his politics nor the trash he spews but Ron Burgunday and anyone else who spews hate such as wishing someone dies. That karma will be there to great you as well! You reap what YOU sow! Don't think your above it, because your sorry , computer hiding ass will be very surprised. You are the lowest of lifes losers for saying that. Disgusting Douchebag!!

Pauline

This is what happens when you eat the American Dairy Diet and do lot's of prescription drugs...

Typo Queen

he should not be so darn nasty....it nothing but he relapsed and we all know it

midge

I hope this mean old bastard ends up in hell for all the lies and evil he has spread. Good riddance to bad rubbish!

ml

Hope Rush will get well soon. TMZ shouldn't report about Rush on their site. I know TMZ is not a fan of Rush Limbaugh. TMZ like to talk about bad negative stuff and their guest comments are cruel. I am not a fan of TMZ. I go to the Radar Online site. I like their site better.

Matt

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

How come this couldn't be Obama?

Lady

Wow. So many left wing haters on this site. Intolerant, narrow minded, hateful and bigoted. Bless you, Rush. Thank you for standing up for all of the Americans who know the truth because we have lived it. The jokers on this site are too young and stupid to know the truth. They have been propagandized by the left wing main stream media. Forgive them for they know not what they do.

Kat

Many of these posts are pretty sick even if you don't like him. Creepy.

Jez

HAHA! The evil Oxycontin-main-lining crack-head deserves this! He is hard on every "criminal" except himself! Good riddance!

Carol

I am not surprised at the quality of people coming out of the rat holes making such unkind comments about anyone. Where has morality gone. I frankly don't like Obama but would never wish death on the man or his family. Where does this hate come from.....?

ChicagoConservative

jwalker889, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Get well soon, Rush. You have many more people to educate before you leave us.