AT&T Hangs Up on Tiger Woods

12/31/2009 12:17 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Tiger Woods just got a dropped call from AT&T -- as in, "Hello, Tiger? You've been dropped."

AT&T did not explain why they're ending the sponsorship with Tiger.

The news comes in the wake of a study, which shows Tiger's sponsors took a serious financial hit after news of his infidelity became public.

Tiger had already lost a deal with Accenture.

Sand D

Just another way to trim the tree limbs.
Everyone is trying to save money, any excuse will do.
I doubt the norm buys products because a stars face is on the ad, yes the face draws attention sometimes to the add........but come on give people a little more common sense when buying....now in this hard time only likes buy likes ... anyway I hope Tiger the best and those who love him. He always was a great swinger....punt intended.......Happy New Year to a great group of players! TMZ

Only marry foreign women

What's the difference between Tiger Woods and Santa Clause? Santa stopped at three ho's.

langsat8

Actually Tiger is the one dropping AT&T. He is migrating to a country where the people are not racist.

sounder

This isn't about race. This is an attempt by ATT to divert news from what's really stewing.

Look at the bottom line. ATT is trading at 28.10 per share today. The option volumes on puts is heavy. ATT has PR issues with it's network and customer service "after the suspicious NEW YORK shutdown", plus their last iphone exclusive Christmas is over.

Google phone is about to make its debut. Meanwhile Verizon has been working to secure a version of the iphone for the second half of 2010. Apple's iphone has matured and needs to become a volume seller (especially with Google entering cell phone market) and can't with ATT's shoddy network. When the Iphone goes non exclusive, ATT is going to be behind the 8 ball.

This is the proverbial "Wagging the Dog". The Street knows this.

T Jul 2010 25.0000 put
(OPR: TSE.X)
Last Trade: 1.05
Trade Time: 11:11am ET
Change: Up 0.01 (0.96%)

JS

Follow-up to the lady who will never buy Nike footwear:

The stock's trading at a 52-week high. Please post more often. The Murcielago needs service soon.

Common Sense

Boy, Sista Soulja sure is f__king up these comment pages, isn't she.
First of all, Sista Soulja, Charlie Sheen hasn't been found guilty yet. Do we want to hang him from a tree without a trial??? It took over a month for AT &T to drop Tiger and they've had absolute proof of his lying and cheating ways for weeks. Doesn't Charlie get a little time for Hanes and the public to find out the truth before we demand his hide?
Secondly, his wife is recanting her story! She is now saying it wasn't true and she want to reconcile with her husband!
Thirdly, Charlie probably WILL lose his Hanes sponsorship, give Hanes a little bit of time do follow through. Sista Soulja sure is chomping at the bit to take this 'white' boy down.
Fourthly, Sista Soulja can't tell the difference between an actor in a sitcom and the most valued and highest paid athlete in the world? An athlete, may I remind you, that was making 100s of millions of dollars in endorsements from companies who portrayed him as the perfect wholesome family man with upstanding morals, as he did portray himself as also?
Sista Soulja, go spread your prejudice somewhere else. Nobody wants to hear you BS!

Only marry foreign women

Marriage is a sham for men. There is no benefit. If you are about to get married, think it over. If I cheat on my wife, she gets half my sh1t, 1 8years of my income, and my kids. If she cheats on me, she still gets half my sh1t, 1 8years of my income, and my kids.
Why should i get married?

Only marry foreign women

adultry is legal in all States. tiger comminted no crime, but he is being punished.

Only marry foreign women

marriage is a joke in america. america has one of the highest divorce rates in the world of 190 countries.

shirliana

TIGER WOODS CHEATED ON HIS WIFE (NOT ONE) BUT 12 OR EVEN MORE,.,i FULLY AGREE THAT ALL ENDORSEMENTS SHOULD BE TAKEN AWAY FROM HIM. HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO GET PAID FOR THESE ENDORSEMENTS FOR WHAT HE DID TO HIS WIFE... I DO HOPE HIS WIFE DOES NOT TAKE HIM BACK. IF IT WAS ONE GIRL,,OK.. BUT 12 OR MORE - THAT IS RIDICULOUS... I AM HAPPY SHE WENT BACK TO HER HOMETOWN WITH HER KIDS.

Steve

Tiger is a loser who can putt.

Only marry foreign women

My wife reads in the kitchen until I fall asleep to avoid having sex with me, or if I am not tired, she waits until I am in the shower and then gets into bed and goes to sleep.

Flower

To Californiaboy and webby:
I see your point, but I think all the anger against Tiger Woods is because of the high esteem in which many people held him. Charlie Sheen? Everyone KNOWS he is a dog and rabid, at that. No one is really surprised and no one expected any different of him. He has a long, hard history of domestic abuse and drug and alcohol abuse. But....Tiger Woods?
He protrayed himself to the public as a clean-living, moral, family-oriented human being. In private, he was something else entirely.
Our own fault, I suppose, for putting him on that pedestal, but you know what? Every now and then people need to take folks at face value and believe what they say they are.
People are just bitterly disappointed that their belief in Tiger Woods has been a big joke on them.

Smooth Criminals

Ironically Charlie Sheen's character on Two and a Half men closely resembles Tiger--a man that uses women--and the show gets high ratings. Men love the show.

Tiger's mistake was getting married. If you want to play the field, then don't get married.

Threatening to kill your wife with a weapon is much more serious, yet it's being taken more lightly in Charlie's case.

Cheating on your wife is bad, but it's not nearly as bad as threatening to kill her with a lethal weapon. One deserves divorce court. The other is a felony and deserves jail time so to equate the two is stupid.

Steve

Taken from his website, his daily routine.

6:30 a.m. - One hour of cardio. Choice between endurance runs, sprints or biking.

7:30 a.m. - One hour of lower weight training. 60-70 percent of normal lifting weight, high reps and multiple sets.

8:30 a.m. - High protein/low-fat breakfast. Typically includes egg-white omelet with vegetables.

9:00 a.m. - Two hours on the golf course. Hit on the range and work on swing.

11:00 a.m. - Practice putting for 30 minutes to an hour.

Noon - Play nine holes.

1:30 p.m. - High protein/low-fat lunch. Typically includes grilled chicken or fish, salad and vegetables.

2:00 p.m. - Three-to-four hours on the golf course. Work on swing, short game and occasionally play another nine holes.

6:30 p.m. - 30 minutes of upper weight training. High reps.

7:00 p.m. - Dinner and rest.

WOW, what a dedicated athlete! 12.5 hours a day of devotion.
Wait a sec. Theres nothing in here about what time he calls Rach, or texts the last waitress he was banging. Nothing here about lying to the public or his sponsors??? Well I guess after he rests he finds time for all that.