Blackstreet Singer Recounts Fight with Kids

1/1/2010 12:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Teddy Riley gives us the final word on whether he's a good parent trying to discipline his children ... or a guy who physically assaulted them.

Teddy Riley

The Blackstreet singer was slapped with a restraining order by one of his daughters after an alleged altercation. Riley released a statement to TMZ explaining how he feels his kids have simply grown up to be spoiled adults.

Yesterday Riley gave us his version of what went down.

Bird

Teddy I hope those girls are living in the street right now. First they jump in their father's face over his girlfriend (none of their business) and then they refuse to leave when he tells them? He did what EVERY parent would do who is not afraid of their children. He tried to force them out which is the same thing the police would have done had they not left on their own. Then those heffas tried to jump THEIR FATHER?!?!?!? Hell I want a piece of them at this point. He needs to let those little pampered ladies get a taste of real life. Maybe then they will learn to stay out of grown folks business.

Edna

I myself have been in Teddy's shoes, i have had southern values instilled in me and truly beleive that if you child is disrespecting you in YOUR HOME WHEN YOU FEED THEIR BEHINDS, WHIP THAT A**. THE PROBLEM WITH OUR YOUTH TODAY IS THEY ALL FEEL THEY ARE OWED SOMETHING, BOTTOM LINE IS BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU AND YOU SHALL FEEL THE WRATH......I HAVE MEET TEDDY AND HE IS A HUMBLE LOVING GUY AND I AM SURE ONLY HAS DONE RIGHT BY CHILDREN. DON'T ALLOW GOSSIP TO SPOIL A GOOD MAN'S REPUTATION. WE IN THE BLACK COMMUNITY HAVE GOT TO REALIZE THAT WHITE PEOPLE WILL TEAR US DOWN ANY AND EVERY WAY THEY CAN. I BELEIVE WE DO I MUCH BETTER JOB OF INSTILLING VALUE IN OUR KIDS THAN THEY DO. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU SEEN LIL WHITE CHILDREN ACT UP IN STORES WHEN THEY WANT SOMETHING....HELL TO THE NO, CAN'T LIVE BY MY RULES THEN YOU CAN'T LIVE UNDER MY ROOF.....AND OH YEAH DIAL 911, EVEN BETTER I WILL CALL THEM FOR MY KIDS IF THEY FEEL THEY NEED OTHER LIVING ARRANGEMENT.....LOVE YOU TEDDY.....EDNA

CriticXtreme

Even though you’re in Hollyweird, the best thing that you could have done was to keep your mouth shut. This is a personal matter. Just because you live in white-ville doesn’t mean you have to try to act like them. Many times, children do need azz-whippings and I support that. This is why many children of today are nothing but spoilered, ungrateful, retarded *****s. Teddy, don’t tell me that you’ve lost your East Coast attitude! If you had to speak and it got real deep, you have told your children and the media, the CriticXtreme mantra – ” I got the Dyck, I make the rules”.

kissmiass

Teddy, Let me give you some unsolicited free legal from a licensed criminal defense attorney. KEEP YOUR BIG MOUTH SHUT! (just about everybody here has advised you to do the same thing!) Just because someone from the media asks you a question doesn't mean you have to answer it. In the future say: "I'm sorry, my attorney has advised me not to speak about the matter and I request that you respect my wishes that this remain a private family matter." Then don't say another word. I guess you opened up because you were embarrassed and felt you had to explain the injuries to her face. Let your attorney speak for you. The advice given by the previous poster DAVE #21 is exactly correct. In the future, should you find yourself in a similar position, heed his advice. Now you and your daughters should go to family counseling because in spite of everything you love each other and family is first.

noyankhere

i agree with what he did to those nasty lazy spoit BRATS!. of course they have een spoilt and he should have curtailed their nasty heathen ways when they were growing up but am glad he kicked those idiots asses1!. they are not CHILDREN THEY ARE ADULTS. over 21 and have no business living at home if they are hot going to follow the rules of the head of the household.who is paying the friggin bills?. if they are then they should all move out and on but of course lazy buggers cant pay bills and fend for themselves.. you go and kick their asses..if they ever step one foot in your doors again.. stupid children who dont know how to respect their father...

Joe

Errrr Teddy what you described is assault, dude.

Proud2BeBlack: be quiet and stop giving black people a bad name, son. Stop being a racist, son

DC

these young kids are something else. They are disrespectful and ungrateful. those girls got what they deserve. they should've left when their father asked them to.

JoWes

Teddy was not wrong with what he had to do with his kids. This man provided for them and showered them with love as a father, and yes even spoiled them (which isn't all that bad) but if your child has the nerve to raise up on you like you are some "Joe Blow" out in the streets then I say beat their behinds like they stole something, and then cut them off until they understand how to appreciated what not only their parents do for them, but to also respect athourity as well. Mad props to Teddy for handling his. They need to get out, and fend for themselves, then maybe they can appreciate everything he has done for them.

Believer

As a parent, Teddy did show restraint because I know if my grown child hit me in the face I would have beat her as if she were a stranger on the street. I applaud his patience. I hope he put them out so that they could fend for themselves for a while and learn that everyone doesn't get to live the lives that their dad provided for them, they should have to learn gratitude.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3