Rush Limbaugh: I'm A-Okay!

1/1/2010 6:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Rush LimbaughRush Limbaugh just addressed the media in Hawaii where he told reporters he did undergo an angiogram, but he's doing just fine.

He did not suffer a heart attack or any kind of coronary episode and test show nothing wrong.

Limbaugh was hospitalized Wednesday night after experiencing chest pains.

Limbaugh made it a point to thank the staff of the hotel he was staying at, the Kahala Hotel and Resort, and he proclaimed (several times) the U.S. has the best health care service in the world.

He called the outpouring of support from fans very "humbling."

We're told after the press conference, Rush went back to his room at the Kahala Hotel and Resort.

phil

No...he said "you know those Liberals in the 48 states only want to give me 40mg of oxykotton but here they know I need 400 mg QID and that's why the US Hospitals in this paradise are the best in the world."

danger baby

The 'plan' in Congress is nothing more than another boondoggle written by big pharma and insurance lobbyists. You have nothing to fear with the current 'socialist changes' to our health care system, trust me.

As to 'research' the last I checked, the United States' ranking on the World Health Organization list of world health systems was 37th, right after Cuba and Slovenia! LOL. Is that the kind of "research" that proves your point? ROTF!!!!!! You really need to do YOUR research and stop listening to Rush. Or perhaps you are one of the fat cat CEOs earning bazillions, or one of the shareholders raking in a tidy profit off the backs of the downtrodden. SHAME on you greedsters!!

***********

Do some research kids! Do not be so gullible in thinking that this new healthcare issue is going to be a godsend...... do not believe everything that you are told.....

ingrid

I hope they "gelded him" at the same time....that would make him calmer...it sure helped with my horse.

gene yuss

Rethugs think Obama should have went to see Rush Limbaugh in the hospital??? Rush Limbaugh hates Obama. Why would Obama go see someone who hates him? Why would Obama assume someone who hates him wants to see him when he's sick? That is beyond the dumbest thing I've ever read. Obama should go see Rush in the hospital? Give me a break. Yes Rush was laying there with severe chest pains wishing Obama would drop by. OMG. IDIOTS! We had 8 years of your idiocy! Thank God for Obama!

Angela

The new year is starting off good

Sara Drucker

Why would he get an angioplasty if he didn't have a heart attack????

Steve

This news pisses off liberals...which is a GREAT way to start a new year!!

Petro

No..he did Not undergo an angioplasty. He had an angiogram to see the condition of the arteries. The arteries were fine, so no need for an angioplasty or any other procedures.....

disturbed

I don't believe in wishing death on anyone.
But I've seen commenters on TMZ wish death to various people before.
How come all of a sudden it's wrong and people are jumping up and down because it's being done to your beloved Rush?

That seems hypocritical to me.

TMZBoy

SAY Whaaaaaat !!!

1. IS THAT AN EARRING IN HIS EAR ?

2. IS HIS HEAD THAT BIG OR ARE HIS EARS THAT SMALL ?

honesty

For those of us who already use the US government controlled health care, I for one want to thank the US for taking care of me and my fellow vets. Yes they have screwed up sometimes, but everyone, and everything has screwed up some. I have never had a problem, and the people I have worked with never have either. My best mate, had his right leg shot off in Iraq, and they did a wonderful job with him. I have grandparents who enjoy Medicare, and they have no major complaints.
The people in Iraq did not want us there. Surely we can take the money we wasted over there, bring our good soliders home, and use that money for universal healthcare, like the brave soliders I met from England. They love their healthcare. Have some faith in our government. You can't tell me that some other country can do something better than we can. We are Americans.
As for Rush I fought for his right to say what he wants, and I also fought for my right not to listen to his hate filled crud.

laughs at Obama voters

Go Rush!

Make the hateful Obama fans cry. Once again, the world sees how pathetic they are.

Rachel MadCow

Well I hope Keith Olbermann and Arianna Huffington both die ( so I can get all the attention)

Steve

#47 Sara

A heart attack is when you have a the inner wall of an artery suddenly burst on the inside. This sets off a clotting response. The clot is what blocks blood flow through the artery. After the clot is cleared you may or may not require angioplasty. Many people go to the hospital with angina (chest pain) that have an artery that is partially closed from a build up of plaque. This causes discomfort especially when someone exerts them self through exercise or stress.
If once examined its determined that the artery can be safely reached with a catheter and balloon then the patient gets the angioplasty and in many cases a stent is then installed as a scaffold to support the area that was treated. This increases blood flow and the pain is reduced or eliminated.
In either case its a close call and the patient is considered to have heart disease. He will almost certainly now be on blood thinners and cholesterol meds for the rest of his life (if he wasn't already)

Bubblebunny

Jim-Like his best friend, Oprah, he gained a lot back. Ask FOX NEWS. They know him well.