Devo

'Memba Them?!

1/3/2010 7:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The punk-rock band Devo is best known for being ahead of the curve with the hit "Whip It." Guess what they look like now!

LClapper

And the guy with the glasses ("Mark Mothersbaugh") can be seen daily on Yo Gabba Gabba (Nick Jr.) as "Mark the artist". Pretty freaky!!!

mia

I loved Devo! Everyone knows "Whip It" but they did many other great songs. My favorite is "Smart Patrol".

Now I'm having a flashback. Anyone else remember the magazine called "Wet" ?

samson

@ 2drk2fck

Dude, if you don't think Devo were punk, check the track "Gut Feeling" and then tell me what you think. "Whip It" was s**t, but there was more to them than that!

samson

Sorry, my previous comment was directed at Erik, not 2drk2fck.

Tracy

punk rock? get real

Luornu

PUNK ROCK??? Devo was NEW WAVE. Get a clue, Jocko Homo.

rhbjorn

Devo is punk rock the same way TMZ is jounalism

pizza

I saw them play, either in Central Park or on "The Pier" in NYC.
They rocked so hard it was amazing. Nothing like their image from the MTV music videos(which were current at the time).
One of the best concerts I have been to.

PolarBear

If DEVO can easily manage to wear red plastic pots on their heads, surely Tiger Woods can learn how to carry around some condoms from VIP lounge to VIP lounge.

Icebaby

Devo is the last thing that comes to mind mind when it comes to punk. Hell, they don't even come to my mind when it comes to fake punk. Okay, maybe they are better than the blink pop crap. Or are they?

asdf

DEVO is/was the greatest band ever. Don't think they were punk rock? Listen to their first album. One of the most important and influential punk albums of all time, imo. But yeah, most of their stuff was new wave. Still, I think they're better than The Beatles and Radiohead and all those other 'great' bands combined.