Johnson & Johnson Heiress Dies

1/4/2010 9:51 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Casey Johnson, an heiress to the Johnson & Johnson fortune, has died .. TMZ has learned.

She died in L.A. We're told the body was discovered this morning.

She was 30 years old. Her father is Woody Johnson -- owner of the New York Jets.

Johnson was arrested in November for grand theft -- the alleged victim was a former girlfriend.

Johnson was reportedly engaged to Tila Tequila. We spoke with Tila a few minutes ago. She says they were fighting last week and that Casey stayed at Tila's house on the 28th. Tila tried contacting Casey on the 29th because Casey had left her dogs behind. Tila says Casey's phone has been shut off since the 29th and she was not able to make contact.

Johnson -- who tweeted frequently -- last tweeted on December 29 at 1:13 AM.

The cause of death is undetermined.

UPDATE: A law enforcement source tells TMZ it appears Johnson had been dead for several days before her body was discovered.

UPDATE: The LAPD has opened a death investigation.

Scroomy

Why are some of these posters so cruel. The chick just died. Have a little respect.

Spewb

Poor thing. I guess money can't buy you happiness.

MsV

Just goes to show that all the money in the world cannot buy happiness.

kathey c

our society is losing its soul. celebrity has become a goal, not a result of actually doing something. i think people are getting so wound up in their own drama that they would rather keep doing drugs, or do any other outlandish thing they can to stay on the blogs, even if it kills them, instead of being out of the spotlight. sad, but if someone is bent on self-destruction, no one but them can stop it

nikki casino

This doesn't surprise me. Tila & Casey both did drugs on a regular basis. Casey was known for it & well if you watch Tila's most recent video stunts on ustream you will see she was high as a freakin kite. So what else do people expect? SMH .. it's a shame tho. Maybe Tila will wake up now & start being the person she keeps pretending she is.

@officialnikki

Icebaby

Every damn time I come to TMZ, this is what I expect. Another death. It's sad and can't believe all the comments these morons are making. It's scarier to know that this will happen every year to celebs.

Cat

Don't mean to be mean here, but she's 30? My butt, either she is hitting the bottle hard or using the drugs....Her face looks like 40 miles of bad road!!!!!!!

Gabriella Faith

Actually she's NOT dead... She's in a coma.

Captain Obvious

She isn't dead -- she is in a coma

Sleeping with Boyfriend?

officialTila I just got news that my fiance is not dead but currently in a coma!!! Omg please pray that she will make it! Hang in there my love please!!!
2 minutes

tiv

This sounds fishy to me Tila is ingagged to her but didnt talk to her since the 28th and had her dogs something fishy there for sure !!

Siggy

Anyone following the crazy tweets by Tila currently? I'm sad to admit that I am...."apparently" her fiancee is just in a coma, not dead. I think she's officially lost it.

Lynn

Tila just tweeted she's in a coma, not dead. Come on Harvey, get the scoop!

O

But Tila, on her twitter account, say's she isn't dead but in a coma?!?!?

TMZ, what's going on?
Is this true?

stefanie

tila just updated her twitter:

officialTila

I just got news that my fiance is not dead but currently in a coma!!! Omg please pray that she will make it! Hang in there my love please!!! 5 minutes ago from UberTwitter