Johnson & Johnson Heiress Dies

1/4/2010 9:51 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Casey Johnson, an heiress to the Johnson & Johnson fortune, has died .. TMZ has learned.

She died in L.A. We're told the body was discovered this morning.

She was 30 years old. Her father is Woody Johnson -- owner of the New York Jets.

Johnson was arrested in November for grand theft -- the alleged victim was a former girlfriend.

Johnson was reportedly engaged to Tila Tequila. We spoke with Tila a few minutes ago. She says they were fighting last week and that Casey stayed at Tila's house on the 28th. Tila tried contacting Casey on the 29th because Casey had left her dogs behind. Tila says Casey's phone has been shut off since the 29th and she was not able to make contact.

Johnson -- who tweeted frequently -- last tweeted on December 29 at 1:13 AM.

The cause of death is undetermined.

UPDATE: A law enforcement source tells TMZ it appears Johnson had been dead for several days before her body was discovered.

UPDATE: The LAPD has opened a death investigation.

dom

TILA IS SUCH A PIG AND SHOULD BE ARRESTED. THIS REEKS OF PUBLICITY STUNT. BOYCOTT THIS PIG!
officialTila

1. I know u can feel me Casey! Dot let go! I'm almost home baby please hang on! We have a beautiful life planned out for us! I LOVE u! Hang on! 13 minutes ago from UberTwitter
2. I just got news that my fiance is not dead but currently in a coma!!! Omg please pray that she will make it! Hang in there my love please!!! 16 minutes ago from UberTwitter
3. This is a very heartbreaking time for me. I just want some pricacy as I deal with the loss of my Fiance Casey Johnson. I'm heart is shredded 22 minutes ago from UberTwitter
4. Everyone please pray 4 my Wifey Casey Johnson. She has passed away. Thank u for all ur love and support but I will be offline to be w family about 1 hour ago from UberTwitter

mem

Tila believes she is still alive and in a coma?!

Commenting

Tila tweeted that Casey is in a coma and not dead.

Cat

Have you read some of Tila's recent tweets? About her boobies in 2010? Sick. sick, sick individual.........Maybe this was a way out for Casey???????? Why are we even giving these people and I use that term loosely the time of day????? Common' TMZ!!!!!!!!!

14Dexter

Suicide due to impending marriage to Tila...

buzz1234

She was WORTH BILLIONS of Dollars, and she sounds like she was a Sad Little Rich Girl.
So, Sad that she Got Hooked up Tila, I think she was in for the Fame, to get her Face Splash out in Magazines.
I think Tila is a Cold Hearted Biatch, sounds like to me.
Tila tried to call, and make contact, why weren't they living together (since they were going to get married?) and Why didn't Tila attempt to go over there and find out what was going on, with "the love of her life"?
Tila seems to Bring OUT the Worst in People, not the Best.... Her relationships prove it. Now someone has Died.

Fred Farkel

The entire world has gone completely nuts.

emily

so soon???the year is not even started yet..

bored

more importantly, the jets made the playoffs!

justsaying

Hope she asked for forgiveness for being a lesbo.

Angelface

She was a Type 1 Diabetic but that should not be used as an excuse. I have been dealing with Type 1 diabetes since the age of 4 (now 34). It's a manageable chronic disease but you have to manage it. Unfortunately, this young lady was a known alcoholic and drug user. She obviously had some serious demons. May she finally RIP.

Alicia-Alabama

actually people shes alive shes in a coma i found out through tila tequila yall soooooo need to wait before coming to conclusions

oh yaaaaaaaaaaa

...well, what is everyone so shocked about, doesn't matter if ur rich or poor, u mess with drugs ur gonna end up dead or in jail..that odd chick Tila is totally irrelevant to this story.

me

This is very odd. I am highly suspicious that Tila had something to do with this. Maybe she is hoping that if she pretends Casey is in a coma, she won't look as guilty, because it looks like she didn't "know" she was dead. I hope TMZ made notes of the phone call to Tila as they may need to give evidence about it in a trial one day.

My condolences to the family.

oL0

Terrible.. All the money and no help to be found. Reach out, people want to save you if you just let them know. Not idiot people that just want to use you. I wish her family and true friends would have pulled their heads out of their azholes and lend a helping hand. Wow.