Jeremy Piven's Cranial Conundrum

1/5/2010 9:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has gotten to the bottom of Jeremy Piven's top -- that mysterious scar on the back of J.P.'s melon.

0910_media_removed_Lindsay_Lohan1

The "Entourage" star tells us he got banged up bad doing theater work back in the day -- so bad it left big scars on the back of his head.

Piven -- who was photographed in Hawaii -- tells us on December 17, he went under the knife for a "scar minimizing procedure." We never heard of it either, but supposedly it reduces the scarring. But Piven says he had no idea post-op scarring would be so prominent.

So what's Jeremy gonna do? He says he was thinking of shaving his head but can't because of continuity problems with "Entourage."

Our advice -- chicks dig scars.

ginger

isn't that the same guy who had mercury poisoning and now has man boobs

ginger

u think

JoJo

Looks like a hair transplant scar. Doctors remove hair follicles in areas of your head where hair is more prevalent and where scars can easily be covered up. After removing the hair follicles, they're implanted in "troubled" bald spots, and will hopefully produce some hair. It's actually an interesting (and nasty looking) surgery.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of hair transplants because 99% of guys who get them end up looking really bad. Instead of looking like you're quickly losing your hair, you just look like your hairline is going to recede soon. I don't know who Piven is fooling because his hairline has been shrinking since he was in his 20s. I say go the Rogaine route and if that doesn't work, then go with a high quality hair piece or just go bald.

JoJo

TMZ needs to get Dr. Ray to comment on that photo! We need more Dr. Ray!

ginger

ha

M

Just go bald already!

Artanis

I can't believe you guys fell for that publicist line of crap. That is a donor transplant scar for hair plugs. I should know, I got one too.

yettawa

yep, its a donor hair scar. i know several people who have had the procedure done. it looks very recent.

tom

they aren't plugs, they're individual follicles taken from the harvest area and then individually transplanted so they grow in the natural grain of your hair. lingerrrr longerrrrr

NudeMoon

Definitely a hair transplant scar, prob about 3,000 graphs worth. But that scar looks fresh so he shouldn't be playing in sea water.

Hope her went to Bosley, they do the best work.

In a year, he will have hair like Elvis... nah, but more than Nic Cage...

Lost Lass

Yup, DEFINITELY a RECENT hair transplant scar. And believe me, I know 'em when I see 'em. It's my job. ;)

Holly

Dear TMZ, it's "scarring" not "scaring." But scaring IS what Piven's scarring is doing to me!

Kanye is a Gay Fish

Hey dumb asses at TMZ - the word is SCARRING!! With TWO R'S. What you have is "scaring." Was he SCARED? Geez. How the hell do you work in journalism (and I use that word LOOSELY) and you can't even spell? Worse yet, don't you have a friggin' spell checker on your computer??

Kim

It seems to be a hair transplant, but, whatever it is, he should not be in the sun. You should never get sun on any kind of recent scar. That's one crazy lookin' scar i have to say.

Chuck

DEFINITELY a transplant scar- my ex did it and has the same scar! WHY are people so ashamed to go bald / admit losing their hair? I LOVE being bald, started shaving my head years before I started losing it all. I LOVE IT! AND I think bald heads are SEXY AS HELL!