Jeremy Piven's Cranial Conundrum

1/5/2010 9:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has gotten to the bottom of Jeremy Piven's top -- that mysterious scar on the back of J.P.'s melon.

0910_media_removed_Lindsay_Lohan1

The "Entourage" star tells us he got banged up bad doing theater work back in the day -- so bad it left big scars on the back of his head.

Piven -- who was photographed in Hawaii -- tells us on December 17, he went under the knife for a "scar minimizing procedure." We never heard of it either, but supposedly it reduces the scarring. But Piven says he had no idea post-op scarring would be so prominent.

So what's Jeremy gonna do? He says he was thinking of shaving his head but can't because of continuity problems with "Entourage."

Our advice -- chicks dig scars.

bntwn

THAT ABSOLUTELY IS A HAIR TRANSPLANT SCAR!!! I used to work in a hair transplant office. The follicles are harvested by removing a strip on the back of the head.

Teresa

Hair pugs....don't you watch Jon and Kate plus 8????? He had this done on the show.

Iloura

Although I can't blame him for getting it, procedures like these are pretty barbaric and in my opinion not worth it. Humans aren't on this earth just to look good, we have other purposes in life. I realize in the entertainment industry this will fall on deaf ears; but then again they are so off the mark of what really matters it's not even funny.

Bella

I used to do hair transplants and that looks like a recipient site to me.

Wanda

The guy owes his career to John Cusack for putting him all his films.
Without Cusack there would be NO PIVEN!!

RHC in FLA

My vote is for a hair transplant scar...

Lost Lass

Dear #93,

You stated "I used to do hair transplants and that looks like a recipient site to me."

I take it you are no longer employed at a hair transplant facility...or at least I certainly hope you're not, because Darlin', THAT is a donor site, and NOT a recipient site. The grafts are taken from a about a 1" wide strip of scalp that was REMOVED from the back of the head from ear to ear (this it the DONOR area), and then "plugs" of 2-3 follicles are punched from that strip and then implanted into the balding (RECIPIENT) area. Most people don't have implants/plugs on the back of the their head. GEEEESSSSHHHH!

J C

Jeremy is a handsome man with talent to spare.
He would have looked great without hair too.Maybe even better.

edda echevarria

that is not an injury! That is a hair restoration gone wrong!

Whamo

Dear 96..do you feel better now! You bitch out someone who most likely simply mixed up the two terms and seems to know what they are talking, but you have to come in at # 96 no less and pretend like you were the first person to realize it's a transplant site or whatever the f@ck you call it. Boy are you ever SMART you must be like a doctor or something...do you split atoms in your space time. Now F@ck off and die...Geeeeeshhh

SweetDee

as much as i dislike him...isn't it obvious that it is a depression from his ball cap? your really reaching her tmz.

whatever

I'd still hit it.

Michelle

Or is it he scar left behind from getting hair plugs???????? Anyone ever seen a movie called P.C.U...staring one very balding Jeremy Piven. Not shaved bald, but bald on top with hair on the sides?

Crissy Angela

Why don't you show the other photograph from Hawaii? You know, the one where his PANTS ARE ON FIRE?