Gary Coleman

Rushed to Hospital

1/6/2010 2:07 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Gary ColemanGary Coleman was taken to the hospital early this morning, TMZ has learned.

We're told Coleman was transported at 8:03 AM from Custom Hotel in Los Angeles where he was staying.

His rep is still trying to confirm what happened -- but people who were with Coleman told the rep there were signs of a seizure.

Coleman was in Los Angeles doing interviews to promote a something called "Midgets vs. Mascots." He did several interviews before being taken to the hospital.

UPDATE -- A friend of Coleman's who was with him this morning tells TMZ that Coleman was sitting on the bed when he went into what the friend said "looked like a seizure." Coleman came around and 911 was called.

Coleman was asked simple questions like "What month is it?" and whether or not he knew the name of anyone in the room -- Coleman was "foggy" and did not know the answers.

Raejean

People forget that this man suffered renal failure and other major health problems as a child that stunted his growth.

And that was just the start of his rough life. He was ripped off to the tune of millions by his (adoptive,I think) parents, and had to take legal action as a young adult to protect what little they left him of his child star earnings. Since then, he has had to do some humiliating things just to put bread on the table. Unlike his co-stars, he did not sink into booze and drugs.

Finally, how would any of you "men" like to be or be perceived as a perpetual child? I think I always hoped he would hook up seriously with another little person.

Gary, I hope you will be okay. Feel better soon.

Eaglewerks

Hope it wans't serious and that Gary gets well soon.

tom

"Custom Hotel" sounded like the name of a fleabag hotel on Skid Row...but I googled it and it actually looks like a pretty nice place, though it ain't exactly the Ritz.

Tom

If I were to guess, I'd say that this is a publicity stunt, since they mentioned that it happened after complaining about his latest movie.

carysontag

An orderly at hospital thought it was funny to film Gary in bed sleeping =

richards

hospitals always ask you who is president or some normal question after a seizure. Sounds like Gary had one, sad...

appaulledw

If Gary is Conservitive ... I wish he was dead!
if Gary is a Lib Democrat ... OMG! get well Quick Gary We Love You!!!!

lisa mae magillacuddy

Hello, my name is Timmy.
and my mommy tole me
not to talk with strangers.
she says you are a
bunch of poopy pants..

Jill Nicolini

Did he leave an oily stain on the sheets afterwards?

mandy_Reeves

maybe mrs garrett can bring him some chicken soup...and Dudley could bring over some comic books....lol....jk

love you gary! get well soon or the gooch will kick your ass or the bike shop pedo will play hide the salami with you.

jim nordon

i think O&A pushed him over the edge.
krinkle krinkle

George William Gockel

I remember Gary Coleman as Anrold Jackson on Diff'rent Strokes. Please get well soon Gary.

z1ny

You sure Tila Tequila has nothing to do with it? Maybe they got secretly engaged after Casey Johnson died.

sam A.