The Inebriation of Mimi

Mariah's Sloshy Speech

1/6/2010 11:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mariah Carey was busted for BUI in Palm Springs last night -- babbling under the influence -- as she made a drunken mess out of herself while trying to give an acceptance speech at an awards show.

videos
At last night's Palm Springs Film Festival, Mimi took home the prize for Breakthrough Actress for her role in "Precious" -- but when she attempted to talk, she was anything but.

Jennifer

How embarrassing. Haven't they learned to drink after instead of before talking in public?

xcalibur

SHE'S DONE!! GLITTER 2.0 REVISITED. SHE'S A DRUNK HOOKER LIKE SISTER EXCEPT SHE'S ON CRACK AND HAS HIV AND OTHER STD'S. MIMOO ALWAYS APPEARS DRUNK ON LIVE TV. THIS IS NOTHING NEW. BEEYATCH CANT MAKE A SIMPLE SENTENCE WITHOUT SLURRING, STUTTERING, OR PAUSING FOR AN HOUR. TMZ JUST FOUND OUT NOW? SMFH.

Aaron

I thought you were reporting that she was pregnant? Or was that just extra flab from the larger amounts of booze and pills?

Derrick

Oh please, she was fine, at least they coulda shown the entire speech WTF ? Thought she was more funny then anything.

LadyT

I thought she was pregnant?

love her!

Seriously poor Nick he obviously didnt think he'd have to babysit his elder wife....This cougar is turning into Mary Murphy...Not good!

Mel

she is one of the most stupid women in the industry. her IQ could be around 60 or so...

dawn

lol

well well

Isnt she preggo?

dawn

she's a diva eh!

WillOTheWisp

I'm embarrassed for her! But, I'm not one to judge her, seeing that I did some really embarrassing crap on New Year's Eve! It just goes to show the Bible is soooo correct when it talks about too much wine, and I quote, "Do not look on the wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup, when it swirls around smoothly; at the last it bites like a serpent, and stings like a viper" (Proverbs 23:31-32).
Wished I had heeded that before I went out to bring in the New Year! I pray I don’t do that again! Duh!

Casey

She is such trash. Seriously, she is the epitomy of rank trailer trash. To get any trashier than her in Hollywood, you have to sink to the level of Tila Tequila. Go f*ck yourself Mariah.

HomeSkillet

Eh, the girl was having a good time last night ... no harm in that!

blue-eyes

Who cares? I can't stand her, but at least she owned up to it. She didn't blame it on 'exhaustion'.

Fd

The whole thing is a joke