Who Ya Gonna Call ...

1/9/2010 2:02 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The 55-year-old resurfaced at some event in Switzerland recently, looking relieved.

Ray Parker Jr

In 1985, singer Huey Lewis sued Parker for allegedly copying the melody from "I Want a New Drug" for the "Ghostbusters" theme. They settled out of court.

Parker played himself in episodes of "Gimme a Break" and "21 Jump Street."

COMMENTS

Simone

I only remember the song, not the guy who sings it.

aggressiveFRUIT

omg! he ain't so cute,anymore! well, time robs us all of our "good looks". assuming some of us were good looking in the 1st place!

google my name, baby -- aggressiveFRUIT

rachel

SOMEONE ELSE!!!!!!

billyhohoho613

SNOOKI!!!!

emmasn

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

camaguey

My God!

brooke

It looks like he saw a GHOST!

T

The only thing he ever did was steal the music from "I want a New Drug" from Huey Lewis. He used the music to write Ghost Busters. No talent thief.....

patricia

I never even thought that song sounded like I Want a nEW dRUG, BUT THE COURTS OBVIOUSLY DID.

judy

Getting old is a bitch.

shortbirdssong

Ha-ha, the poor birdie fell into a trap, but this check is the check for everybody. Poor birdie got used to trust people and looking into eyes to define who of that costs. Than higher you fly up, that painfully you fall down... Somebody regrets the birdie, but others laugh at it - no happy end. Let it be... Let the Free Bird sing...the poor birdie will better keep silent...

CARLEA

wow, i used to have the biggest crush on Ray Parker. He was such a cutie back in the day. now...not so much :(

Marcus

Honestly, I am glad he took "I want a new drugs" rhythm, the song sucked anyways, Ghostbusters was hell a better. He changed it up a bit, people who think otherwise are retarded. Ray is totally the awesomness.

Shag

Ray Parker was one of the most successful music session guitarist in the world, during the 70s and 80s. He had his own studio at home, and would take the masters home to his studio to do part. Before Ghostbusters, he had several hits on the dance club scene.

jay

ray parkerjr. and his group "radio" had lots of disco and funk hits before ghostbusters.including 'a woman needs love' and 'for those who like to groove'.i still have his records.ghostbusters was actually his worst song but he crossed over cause it was rock and the movie was huge.the ladies loved him.he was a hearthrob.do your research before you comment!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments