Jay Leno Predicts Conan's Future

1/10/2010 1:12 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0910_media_removed_Mel_Gibson

Brandon D

Leno did NOT retire. NBC told him the Tonight Show belongs to Conan a couple years ago. Leno was going to look at other options, but NBC realized how valuable he is so they offered him a 10:00 show. None of this is Leno's fault. He NEVER retired. And as for this photo...I think they're refering to the story on the same page with three options for Conan and Jay is telling Conan to take option 2. Kinda funny.

SpeakTheWord

Leno and Conan both suck . NBC needs to get someone that people couldn't wait to see like Carson (Johnny Carson ) was but it will never happen but they should try.

Jeremy

Remember the big loser is NBC, Jay single handedly brought the network from a giant in the industry to a joke. Now that everyone has seen him for the hack he is, the network is trying to put the cat back in the bag. Hope Conan decides to do nothing but collect a check from the idiots at NBC until his contract is up.

David

Does it mean roman numeral 5 for FOX?

Roger C

Some of you people are insane, like "Jay is not funny", number 12. Leno would soundly trounce Conan if Letterman retired and Conan took his place. It's not even an argument. Conan will not get a job on any other network. He has the option to stay on the network and work things out, or leave and walk into obscurity.

It's looking like the latter will happen.

Bobo Frog

Leno announced he was leaving the Tonight Show well over a year, even 2 years ago. It doesn't matter whose decision it was anymore. He had a long countdown to his last show, did his corny goodbyes and thank you's. I thought it was odd enough that he was going to do another show in primetime...but for him to come back to his old slot doing his old show...that's not only weird...it's obnoxious...like a disease that won't go away. Leno is herpes. The next time he announces he's leaving and does his fake sentimental farewells...no one will care. People will be relieved...like having found a cure for herpes.

electricspeed

Peace out!!

juniper

conan must cater to all carrot tops an their sense of humor leno is better than all the others put together,

steve

Jay Leno is a A$$HOLE!

becky

I personally don't like any of them. I think they are boring and just dumb.

rico

Go back to the way it was, get rid of Fallan, To me,he is un-watchable,

Maggie

Leno is a boring arrogant Ahole. Conan is a boring arrogant Ahole. The only funny man at night is Craig Ferguson.

SebastianCanada

Bet Leno means #2s, as in, I am going to chew him up and sh** him out. Leno makes such a pretense of being Mr. Nice guy, but if you know what went on during the battle with Letterman over who would take over from Carson, you know that brand Leno is pretty nasty.

Someone - Leno or O'Brien - is going to get hurt in this scuffle, and I bet it is going to get real nasty at some point. I cannot wait for the fur to fly - I greatly dislike Leno, O'Brien, and NBC. If it were not for the brilliant Tina Fey and 30 Rock I would have nothing to do with that network!

Bettsie

Happy Sunday everyone. Enough about Jay and Leno. When is Max going to put a few highlights in his hair, he's looking sad lately ,cheer up. Now what is Harvey drinking in that mug (sometimes he looks sad) hope it not booze although I don't think he's stupid, actually I like him and all the Tmz. group. Here in the East, Montreal were big fans. Keep up the good work.

Rudi

I AGREE WITH MAGGIE, CRAIG FERGUSON IS GREAT!
Leno is old and boring, Conan is somewhat younger and boring. Get rid of them both and give the whole night to Craig Ferguson!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments