Kate Gosselin's Fame Gets an Extension

1/11/2010 10:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

America's favorite divorced mother of eight, Kate Gosselin, has traded in her trademark highlighted bi-level reverse mullet Midwest raccoon weave for polyester extensions which make her look like 9 out of 10 other blondes in Hollywood.

0910_media_removed_Mel_Gibson

The 34-year-old showed off her camera-ready new 'do while out and about in Pennsylvania this weekend.

Kate's gonna weave that man right out of her hair.

demis bicycle seat

mmmmmm i want some!!!

LICKY LICKY

Sandy Beaches

I think she looks awesome, though if you ask me, she doesn't stand out in a crowd the way she did. I'm surprised the paps recognized her (though they probably followed her from home). Some people aren't going to like anything about her ever. I personally think she is a classy lady who has always taken the high road. She is very careful not to bash that kiddie chasing horndog she was married to. That takes a lot of restraint.

cindy

Come on...she looks great. It definitely makes her look younger than what is it 34. And she didn't pay 7K for the weaves. The hairdresser said that is what it would have cost. Obviously People mag paid for it as part of their deal with her. You know, she was criticized for her hair being too short, now too long. So which is it

Alexa

Wow! What a doll!

Bob

Looking GOOD!

browngirl

I am not a fan of Kate and her bunch. I was disappointed in People mag putting her on the cover this week. There are way larger issues in this country than what kind of hairstyle Kate has. I find this sad because she and Jon thrive in the limelight. I do not know what the big deal is with these two. Everything they do the media is right there pumping it up. She needs to take care of her children and so does he. Now I know I will get bashed for these comments but it is a New Year....a new time.....a new place, please for the sake of all these children....Kate cut it out with the fake hair. TMZ ...... People please move on. She has been in the limelight way too long now. MY OPINION AND MY OPINION ONLY. Thank you.

Pevans01

#17. Lisa
She didn't pay for this. TLC did!!! She's doing a special "Kate clean Slate."

chitown lady

YAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN !

Can we just move off of this NOBODY who thinks she has talent? the only thing she is known for is having a litter...she has NO TALENT...Jesus Christ....why do insist on reporting on this idiot?

kelly

A polished turd is still a turd you know. Why must we continue to read about this nonessential person.

Lisa

#24 - I should have known that someone else paid for it - thanks for the info.

Since she didn't use the kids' money on it, I think it's a great way for her to get back into the world - she looks great. Yes, she looks like every other blonde - her old look was unique, but maybe she just wants to blend in right now. I'm sure she'll change her look again, but for now it looks nice on her.

And if TLC or People mag. wanted to pay $$$ to give me a new 'do I would certainly take them up on their offer!! LOL I don't blame her one bit for letting them make her up and trying to do tv specials and the like - she has said she wants to be on tv and as a Mom I'm sure she does want to support her kids.

Like it or not, WE are the people who made her a pseudo-celeb. If no one had watched her show and bought all of the tabloid rags when her marriage went south, she wouldn't be a household name. It is what it is...

Bobbi

LOOK AT ME...LOOK AT ME... LOOK AT ME... LOOK AT ME... LOOK AT ME...!!

Pevans01

Chitown lady...they keep reporting for the same reason we keep reading!!!

MARE

I THINK SHE LOOKS GREAT GOOD FRO HER.
GLAD THAT LOSER IS OUT OF THE PICTURE HE'S NOTHING WITHOUT HER!

GOMO1313

She does look good, but that is not what she needs. She always
looked good short hair and all...it is her personality, attitude
narcissism, no-talent, blah, blah that she cannot fix. Give it up and do what you say you want to do...RAISE THE CHILDREN...end. Give them as much of a normal life that can be done at this point of their lives. You cannot be a mid-life Brittany!

dee